DVB Diseqc in Linux

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DapOrp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2005
I have searched and searched but have not been able to locate any type of program for linux that has commands or options to drive a diseqc 1.2 motor manually. They all want to do USALS or use existing saved diseqc 1.2 positions. Using the stored positions is not a problem but what I want/need to do now is add more positions or tweak existing ones. I know USALS is "supposed" to make this not necessary, but it seriously drives me insane. :)

So what i'm wondering is, does anyone know of any software for linux that can do what almost every DVB app in winders can do? (Manually drive the motor east/west and store positions) ?

Thanks.
-DapOrp

Xdipo will do manual moving of the dish, pretty nice for a small linux app that is pretty capable. ( can see what the lnb is doing in near realtime with the 'beep' button when moving the dish )
You can use the installer button in the app to quickly move the dish around, can bump it around in X steps or can store the positions in the motor (diseqc 1.2) or a sat position profile in the app. (usals/diseqc 1.3)
You can google xdipo to get the source, i cannot post a link yet.
also install libforms-dev
when you compile it and run across 'xforms.h not found' in the make,
you may have to change ' #include <xforms.h> ' to '#include "/usr/include/X11/forms.h" '
if using debian.

Good Luck

--FritzTheCat

Status
Please reply by conversation.