DVB Diseqc in Linux

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DapOrp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2005
I have searched and searched but have not been able to locate any type of program for linux that has commands or options to drive a diseqc 1.2 motor manually. They all want to do USALS or use existing saved diseqc 1.2 positions. Using the stored positions is not a problem but what I want/need to do now is add more positions or tweak existing ones. I know USALS is "supposed" to make this not necessary, but it seriously drives me insane. :)

So what i'm wondering is, does anyone know of any software for linux that can do what almost every DVB app in winders can do? (Manually drive the motor east/west and store positions) ?

Thanks.
-DapOrp

Xdipo will do manual moving of the dish, pretty nice for a small linux app that is pretty capable. ( can see what the lnb is doing in near realtime with the 'beep' button when moving the dish )
You can use the installer button in the app to quickly move the dish around, can bump it around in X steps or can store the positions in the motor (diseqc 1.2) or a sat position profile in the app. (usals/diseqc 1.3)
You can google xdipo to get the source, i cannot post a link yet.
also install libforms-dev
when you compile it and run across 'xforms.h not found' in the make,
you may have to change ' #include <xforms.h> ' to '#include "/usr/include/X11/forms.h" '
if using debian.

Good Luck

--FritzTheCat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)