DVB-S2 Blind Scan for Pansat 9200HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have put one of these bad boys on order with SatmanCanada. Ran 139 plus shipping. I'll let you know how it turns out.

DVB-S2 Plus Trial

I had a huge post written up for this but the system logged me out and I lost it....So I'll just give ya the gist.

Got the module today...Plain White Box, module in a static bag, 2 ribbon cables the power cable and a short coax.

Did a bind scan of Galaxy 18..the old Galaxy 10R. It came up with 4 transponders D-S2 but nothing that showed up as 8PSK. They have been coming up as QPSK.

So, I swung it over to HispaSat 1C/D...I know this will be outta range for abunch of folks but I knew there was a transponder there (11909, V, 7200) that was listed at Lyngsat as DVB-S2, 8PSK. I made a new sat with Hispa's coordinated and did a "Smart Scan" (...Oh if you get one of these, remember to change the tuner type to S2) it did pickup that transponder but again as QPSK. So I created a sat with that one transponder but with the tuner attributes of DVB-S2, 8PSK, Pilot On and did a scan from the attena setup menu and it picked up the same channels....for those that are wondering the channels come up as HD 576P....I think that may just be becuase of PAL screen scaling.

So lets get some brains on this....what am I seeing and where should I point this bad boy. I am only running a kU setup right now. I really wish I could give you some C band results but Im not quite there yet. The setup is a 0.90M Fortecstar Offset Dish, Invacom QCP-031 and a Digipower SG-2100 H-H Motor.

One thing I saw at Rick's is that the Pansat 9200 lists the new found 8psk tps as "S2 QPSK". So while it finds them, there is at least that tiny little detail that could be confusing.
On my 90cm dish I only have a "1 bump" area that I can get LPB on AMC21, so expect to have to fine tune your aim to catch the DVB-S2 signal.
:)

I have one of these ordered and on the way. Now I need to work on getting the second motorized dish back in operation. I'll then have the 9200 for scanning and the azbox for viewing :)

I keep coming up with these transponder with a symbol rate of 33.000 DVB-S2. The latest was found while doing a blind scan of SatMex 6. These don't yeild any new channels but I'm just curious what they might be. SatMex 6 is very close to the XM sat (XM4 @ 113.0W). Could I be picking up Xponders from that sat?

I finally got mine from Panarex ($70 with trade-in of old board)
It finds the DVB-S2 signals but I don't think there is a way to see the parameters like FEC, Pilot on/off or QPSK or 8PSK. If any one knows how to see this info, please let me know so I can provide the info in the WUT section.

BTW, if anyone else decides to do the trade-in, they tell you to send a check for $70 and the old board and that they will send the upgraded board "right away". Apparently "right away" to those guys means after the check has cleared. So a cashier's check or money order would probably be better.

Any chance folks could start posting what channels they're getting with the new plus board?

Thanks.

I get several S2 feeds on AMC-21 but nothing that comes up video or audio....IP maybe?

11919, H, 33.000
12028, H, 2.500
12079, H, 30.000
11820, V, 30.000
11860, V, 33.000

I picked up LPB just once and haven't been able to pick it up since. I'm up in New England so I imagine all the conditions must have been just right.

I get several S2 feeds on AMC-21 but nothing that comes up video or audio....IP maybe?

11919, H, 33.000
12028, H, 2.500
12079, H, 30.000
11820, V, 30.000
11860, V, 33.000

I picked up LPB just once and haven't been able to pick it up since. I'm up in New England so I imagine all the conditions must have been just right.
you have just ku ?
if so not much can't think
c band a few.

that TP is funky depending on how big of a dish you have. The 36" dish here in MN the signal goes bye bye at night yet the 1.2m dish kept it all night

Thelist doesnt have dvb-s2 on there. There are lots of data or IPTV TP's that are DVB-s2 but this is one of the few KU channels that is dvb-s2 24/7

possibly in the future it will be added to thelist

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)