DVB-S2 HD 2104: "Fail to init device..."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Hi Just received, 6/23/2010, the DVB HD 2104 USB box from Sadoun. I also have the same receiver, but purchased last summer. The new box ran fine with the April 13 2010 software. However when I tried to install the May 28 2010 software, I received the following error when starting
"DVB World.exe":

"
---------------------------
DVB World
Fail to init device, please check it!
Do you want to try again?
Yes No
---------------------------"

Using Microsoft's device viewer UVCView.exe (found in the WinDDK folder) it indicates:

"
---===>Device Information<===---
ConnectionStatus:
Current Config Value: 0x00 -> Device Bus Speed: High
Device Address: 0x01
Open Pipes: 0
*!*ERROR: No open pipes! "

Plus 256 more lines of information.

Tried using the device manager to uninstall the driver then reinstall the driver. Tried both amd64 and i386 drivers. Only the amd64 installes but issues the following error:

A problem message (do not remember details) appeared then followed by:
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

Checked:
1. power connection ok
2. usb connection ok
3. Works with April software; but no blindscan.
4. Disabled virus scanner (PC Tools) during software installation.
5. There is no indication of a 2010 "D" version. Marked the same as my older box, except for later serial number.

Using Windows 7 64 bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks
Rob

Don't have MS 64bit, but a search on the net on the error message might reveal some information. I found one entry from 2008 of a similar message on a USB device, a suggestion was to check Device manager to see if USB2 drivers were really installed. Just a thought......

Don't have MS 64bit, but a search on the net on the error message might reveal some information. I found one entry from 2008 of a similar message on a USB device, a suggestion was to check Device manager to see if USB2 drivers were really installed. Just a thought......

turbosat,

Thank you for your reply. I did check that the USB drivers were installed and up to date. Its easy to check using the device manager, just click the "Update driver software" option. The response will indicate if the drivers are up to date. However, I believe that there is a problem with the USB configuration. The Microsoft utility (UVCView.exe) indicates a problem; "no open pipes!"
Keep in mind that the April 2010 software release works; though no blind scan option. I purchased the HD2014 D specifically for the blind scan option.
If there is no hope for Win 7 64 bit, is there hope for my other OS, Mandriva 64 bit Linux? I know it's more of a rhetorical question; but ask anyway.

Again, thank you for your suggestion.
Rob.

Since I have no computer-connected DVB=equipment, no idea. I would think there is a computer forum someplace that focuses on that brand of receiver, unless its just so new that not many people have it yet.I forget, but "pipes" to me, in computer talk, means a route or communication channel. Hopefully somebody will come along here that has your same equipment and problem!

Hi Just received, 6/23/2010, the DVB HD 2104 USB box from Sadoun. I also have the same receiver, but purchased last summer. The new box ran fine with the April 13 2010 software. However when I tried to install the May 28 2010 software, I received the following error when starting
"DVB World.exe":

"
DVB World
Fail to init device, please check it!
Do you want to try again?
Yes No
---------------------------"

Using Microsoft's device viewer UVCView.exe (found in the WinDDK folder) it indicates:

"
---===>Device Information<===---
ConnectionStatus:
Current Config Value: 0x00 -> Device Bus Speed: High
Device Address: 0x01
Open Pipes: 0
*!*ERROR: No open pipes! "

Plus 256 more lines of information.

Tried using the device manager to uninstall the driver then reinstall the driver. Tried both amd64 and i386 drivers. Only the amd64 installes but issues the following error:

A problem message (do not remember details) appeared then followed by:
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

Checked:
1. power connection ok
2. usb connection ok
3. Works with April software; but no blindscan.
4. Disabled virus scanner (PC Tools) during software installation.
5. There is no indication of a 2010 "D" version. Marked the same as my older box, except for later serial number.

Using Windows 7 64 bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks
Rob

Windows 7 64 bit does not allow unsigned drivers.You need to hit f8 while booting.In the configurations page select do not enforce digital signatures and thi will fix the problem.

Windows 7 64 bit does not allow unsigned drivers.You need to hit f8 while booting.In the configurations page select do not enforce digital signatures and thi will fix the problem.

wildboys, thank you for your suggestion, much appreciated. It eliminated the "Fail to init..." problem, but the blind scan function does not seem to work. The progress bar does not advance and the "Current Tp freq" remains at 5150 MHZ; the same as the LNB LO. If permitted, the blind scan will run for hours and never complete.
I have DVbWorld's May 28, 2010 software update for the HD2104 USB box, installed. Also checked that the c:\windows\system32\drivers\USB_2104 date is correct and the DriverStore dates are correct.

Unsigned Drivers
The April 2010 software update does work for my two HD2014 USB DVB-S2 boxes; but no blind scan. The drivers are not signed, and yet I had no problem with the unsigned driver running under Windows 7 64 bit. In fact many of my software drivers have been migrated from "Windows past" and all unsigned ones have worked. There is a warning however, that the driver is unsigned, but permits the option to install anyway. One hand permits unsigned drivers, and another condition prohibits unsigned drivers. :confused:

Rob.

I have the same box. I never got the current rev of the software to work, but had an older version archived that worked. I got the failed to init with the current software.

I had a hard time getting the box working even after it "init"-ed. What I ended up doing was getting close with the sat meter, then parking on a transponder that I new was good (checked on satbeams to make sure it was used)., then adjusted angle and elevation until it worked. Strong signal doesn't mean as much as "quality."

One trick I didn't know about but was told by a guy that has done satellite installations is the need to set up the lower and higher frequency as indicated in the LNBF documentation, i.e. set up a custom.

I think the hardware is cool, but the documentation is ...well...could be better. ;-) For instance, one document covers all the devices boxes they sell, so it doesn't exactly conform to what you see on your screen.

The recording feature works great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)