DVB World PCIe 2006 Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anony55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
USA
I just bought & installed a new DVB World PCIe 2006 from Sadoun. I already had a TechnoTrend S2-3200 installed in a legacy PCI port that I've been using for a year, and it works great. I've been using the TT3200 with DVB Viewer.

When I installed the DVBW 2006, I left the TT3200 installed so that I could use both tuners. But using the latest "fast blindscan" software, the DVB World PCIe 2006 seems to lose it's signal. Here's what I'm seeing so far...

I was able to manually input a TP on G-12/C @ 133°. I was then able to scan in 3 channels on that TP. When I try to view one of the channels, the signal strength falls to 10-12%. At that point, I can exit the software & reload. When I do this, I can view one of the channels for just a few seconds before the signal falls again. When I first load the software, the signal is around 60% (before it falls). If I exit the software & load up DVB Viewer, the TT3200 can tune these channels with no problem.

Do you think my problem is because the TT3200 is conflicting with the PCIe 2006? Windows says "no conflicts" about both tuner cards. Or, was I supposed to connect power to the molex connector on the card (the instructions didn't say to)? Or, does it just sound like the PCIe 2006 is defective?

I think I've narrowed it down to those three possible causes. But I'm open to other ideas as well (maybe bad drivers???). BTW, I'm running these on a 3.2ghz AMD quad core with 32-bit XP.

I posted this over at the Sadoun forums yesterday, but no replies (go figure). I'm several days into their 15 day return policy for DVB World products, so I really need to figure out if it's defective. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Try the molex plug...first, suppose to be for motor moving. If that fails I would pull the tt and see how it works. I do know that when I build a dvb setup...needed to put the video card in first pci then next card or it would not work. Seems to be a pci order as in pci-1,pci-2...etc. foxtail.

connecting the molex connector will fix your problems. the 2006 will not correctly power an lnb without it connected.

crackt out,.

I will connect the molex to power tonight. In my case, the card doesn't actually have to power the LNBs, the DSR-922 does that. But perhaps it needs the power for other things as well.

Thanks to both of you for your replies!! I will post back my success or failure tomorrow.

Cheers

i think the molex actually powers the tuner. it is a better design so diseqc motors dont burn the card out. anyways you will see it will work tonight once your done. and you will like the speed of the blind scan.

crackt out,.

Yep, power to the molex was the answer. Now I have a dual tuner HTPC that blindscans! Actually, it's a quad tuner HTPC if you count the dual tuner ATSC card that's also in it.

DVB Viewer handles all the tuners quite nicely. Last night, I confirmed dual functionality by using the PIP feature in DVB Viewer to display 2 channels from 2 different TPs on G-17/C.

The DVB World software works for the blindscanning, but in one case, it did miss a pretty strong TP. That same TP manually entered displayed a strength of over 70%. But I don't want to be to critical just yet, I'm just beginning to play with it. Besides, other than missing that one TP, it seems to find most everything... and it's fast (even the 2 pass).

Thanks again for the help. I can't imagine why the instructions didn't include this little tidbit.

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts