DVB World USB Box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good ideas.I will try that.
I think this version is a little more responsive.The older version wouldn't even always open for me.So far so good.

I re-built the laptop and installed everything new with the new version.

AC3 Audio is fine and now I've been able to get the DiSEqC switching working. I'm going to use this box to fine tune my BUD so that Ku comes in better.

My new annoyance is that 'scan transponder' adds all of the channels it found for that satellite (not just that transponder) to your favorites list. I ended up doing a whole lot of deleting of channels from the favorites. Maybe this can be avoided by deleting the channels from the 'satellite' channel list.

<edit>
I also tried out the 'server' function by choosing to multicast a channel I had stored and view it from a 'client' machine. All I managed to do was flood my LAN to the point that all Internet activity came to a screetching halt. I turned it off and the network came back to life.
</edit>

Last edited:
Shawn95GT said:
I also tried out the 'server' function by choosing to multicast a channel I had stored and view it from a 'client' machine. All I managed to do was flood my LAN to the point that all Internet activity came to a screetching halt. I turned it off and the network came back to life.
</edit>
I tried that with the old software and it took over my Replay dvarchive server pc, I had to get clear that out before It serve shows to my Replays...

Hi guys,

say, i live in europe, if i buy one of these cards, do you think it will work fine in europe? (i ask it because of pal/ntsc)

My guess would be yes as I haven't had any trouble with PAL DVDs / videos on my PC. The real test would be to hit a PAL signal and see if it works via this box. I'll see if I can find something to test against on c-band.

Shawn95GT said:
My guess would be yes as I haven't had any trouble with PAL DVDs / videos on my PC. The real test would be to hit a PAL signal and see if it works via this box. I'll see if I can find something to test against on c-band.

Running a Nexus-S in hardware mode with MyTheatre , ther is an option for NTSC or PAL audio/video output .

You can flash a Fortec Ultra with a PAL file & it powers up PAL .

I suspect this is pretty much a software issue ?

Wyr

Hi Folks

Today i got an OPERA DVB S1 box, made by company Siemssen and sold in Germany. The box looks remarkably like your dvbworld, and according to
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#DVBWorld_.28.3F.29_DVB-S_USB2_Box

it should be the same box. I've got it to be recognized by mytheatre, but i can't get much farther than that for the time being. I could get to see a channel on mytheatre, but only if that channel had previously been tuned by the software that came with the box.
I tried installing the dvbworld drivers for it, but i couldn't.
I getting quite desperate now... i wonder if someone could tell me which chip/processor the dvbworld uses. I wonder if that can be seen on Windows, if not, do you think any of you guys could gently open one up and see what it reads?

Thanks a lot for your help.

bid0n said:
Hi Folks

Today i got an OPERA DVB S1 box, made by company Siemssen and sold in Germany. The box looks remarkably like your dvbworld, and according to
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#DVBWorld_.28.3F.29_DVB-S_USB2_Box

it should be the same box. I've got it to be recognized by mytheatre, but i can't get much farther than that for the time being. I could get to see a channel on mytheatre, but only if that channel had previously been tuned by the software that came with the box.
I tried installing the dvbworld drivers for it, but i couldn't.
I getting quite desperate now... i wonder if someone could tell me which chip/processor the dvbworld uses. I wonder if that can be seen on Windows, if not, do you think any of you guys could gently open one up and see what it reads?

Thanks a lot for your help.

It works with the s/w that came with it ?

Did you get it to scan with MT ?

Did you enter the correct LOF values ?

Think MT has a power on option , is that option sellected ?

What graph have you sellected in MT ? ( install PowerDVD and WinDVD & then try Cyberlink & intervideo graphs . )

Are you using a switch ? Is it set up correctly in the menues ?

Wyr

Last edited by a moderator:
It works like a charm with the sw that came with it, image is spot on, swapping channels is really *really* fast!

When i tried scanning with MT only some weird sh*t came up... maybe data feeds? i couldn't get any video or audio pids. Very strange. So i imported a channel database from another mt install, and then i could tune to a channel, if it had previously been tuned with the official sw, and i couldn't thus swap between channels.
So it's not a graph problem with MT, as i could get a clear image.
I have no switch, but i'll look for the power lnb option.

Having had a look at the .inf and .sys files that came with the box, it looks like it loads a firmware into it when connecting the box to the pc. Does the dvbworld act the same way? I'm very intrigued, as apparently there's only one .inf and .sys files to the dvbworld, whilst there are 2 to the opera:

2830SCap2.inf + 2830SCap2.sys
2830SLoad2.inf + 2830SLoad2.sys

How do i know if these drivers are bda?

I appreciate your help, WyrTwister, maybe we should start a new thread in order to stop hijacking this one? That way i can flood the content of the .inf files too if that may help

Shawn95GT said:
Try updating the driver for the box with the one in the new software. It is a pain. Make sure you choose the 'DVBS2101 USB' option when installing the software and the driver.

Say, mate, which exactly is the updated driver? Having downloaded that bundle, i can see that the driver from the "DVBS2101 USB Driver" folder dates from 2004/03/11... that's really old... is that what you guys are using?
On the other hand, there's the "DVB Net Driver" which dates from 05/03/2006, what does it do? Do we need both of them installed? Can someone point me out?
Thanks a lot

Looking at their website, it looks like there has been yet another update since I started this thread. The current software is dated 2006.04.05.

You can get it here:
http://www.worlddvb.com/html/softdown.htm

I'll have to try out this newer version and see if I notice any differences. The update I posted on before was a noticable improvement over what came on the included CD.

Shawn, which exactly is the driver that you got the card to work with (i don't mind if it's not the latest)?

I don't have my laptop right here, but I had both the old version that came on the CD and the 2006.03.12 version running. I have a link to the 2006.03.12 version in post #4 of this thread if you want to try it. The driver is whatever was included in those bundles.

Ok...I ordered one of these...got it in today.

And the plug on the power supply appears to be this:

The old saying cannot put a round plug in a rectangle outlet holds.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

Attachments

• acplug9lj.jpg
    acplug9lj.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:
Wierd! You got a Euro one!

The adaptor you need is cheap ($2ish) to make that plug work in a US outlet. I've found 'em at WalMart.

Did you order it from over seas? I got mine from an ex-sponser here and it had the standard US plug.

made picture a thumbnail. Please use the attachment option to make the pictures thumbnails for our dial up friends

Those adapters to go from a European plug to US can be found at Rat Shack or as Shawn noted, Wally World :)

I bought an analog reciever that needed one of them...I said screw it and chopped the end off and put a US plug on it :)

Shawn, just to get back to the driver, my question is, is there two different files needed to install the box, or just one? I have a Opera box and you need to drivers for it: one which programs the usb controller and tells windoze what to search for next; the second it actually says that it's a media device, etc. Does it work like that too during the dvbworld install? Did you install the BDA driver that can be downloaded too on their site?

If you are just using the DVB World software it works with the single download.

The BDA driver breaks it for the DVB World software, but lets the unit work in Mytheater.

The 'device' download makes it work with ProgDVB (and will still work with the DVB World software).

voomvoom said:
My Quali-tv QS1080IR receiver came with 2 cords, one like that and another one that works.

Al

This is hard wired to the AC adapter. You can't change it out.

Shawn95GT said:
Wierd! You got a Euro one!

The adaptor you need is cheap ($2ish) to make that plug work in a US outlet. I've found 'em at WalMart.

Did you order it from over seas? I got mine from an ex-sponser here and it had the standard US plug.

Ordered it from a place in PA. PBH-SALES.com. One of first places on this side of the USA I got a google hit on it when no one answered my question of where to buy. Guy Carl seemed real nice on phone and spent an extra ordinary amount of time giving me some info on lnbs.

Also, the remote does not look ANYTHING like the remote pictured on the website - but an old clunky black remote.

Is that right?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts