DVB World USB Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I didn't get a remote with mine. I did read that one reveiwer found that a remote for another unit worked on it. I picked mine up from SGA FTA (short time ex-sponser here) for a competative price.

If you don't want to deal with the plug adaptor as it may be awkward with a wall wart, I'm sure you can fine a 'generic' wall wart that'll work. Mine is 5v, 2A and the center pin is positive.

Shawn95GT said:
If you are just using the DVB World software it works with the single download.

The BDA driver breaks it for the DVB World software, but lets the unit work in Mytheater.

Thanks Shawn, appreciate that info.
Now, not meaning to assume you'd post bogus stuff, but are you 100% shure this is so? It'd be important for me to understand certain stuff as i don't have the dvbworld but a clone rather.

Sure of the BDA driver part or single download? The single download bundle works great stand alone.

I didn't find Mytheater to be worth the expense and trouble to spend much time on it. I believe the 'breaks for the DVB World software' is as-per the included txt file with the BDA driver. It's been a while since I played with it though.

I did find that it's pretty easy to mess up the driver for the box when trying different software bundles. Sometimes completely removing all of the software is required to get the new software / driver to take. It is touchy.

Luckily, the laptop I'm using is fairly 'disposable' as far as the OS in concerned so when it gets messed up I just refresh the image on it and start over. I have another PC that I'm going to try the box on to see if it will handle the HD content better. The laptop plays the HD for a couple seconds and then starts dropping frames badly.

I had tried the software for the Nextorm NBS240 which seems to be the exact same hardware and I couldn't get that working at all.

Last edited:
I haven't looked any deeper than the release bundles.

I think the net driver part is for some kind of TCP/IP based broadcast so you can view the video on a remote terminal - maybe even multiples. I tried it once and it brought network traffic on my LAN to a screetching halt.

The company responded to my email. They are sending another unit and a call tag - overkill in my book, but whatever.

Anyway, he says the original remote controls in the pictures malfunctioned and they don't come with that type any longer - just the klunky old back ones that look like a throw back to Dish 5 years ago.

Does that sound correct?

Oh well, I there's always a Pronto or Harmony.

Take this for what its worth - they are saying that the whole skid of of these came in from overseas with the wrong power adapters. The company is rushing to find adapters to include with all sales.

So if you might find yourself with a European PSU if you buy one of these in the next month or two.

PSB said:
Remote now available for the DVB World USB receiver :)

Be aware they no longer ship this remote...say it broke far to often. The current remote looks very similar to an old black Dish Network Remote.

Also, be aware that the latest shipment through DMS of the this unit came in with European Plugs Type C hardwired to the PSU. They are now shipping Type C to USA plugs with the units, but beware this adapters do not fit very securely at all and I am majorily concerned that the slightest cord movement will work the connection from the adapter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)