DVD playback and ambient heat?

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
I'm having an issue with playback of DVDs and lockup.

This DVD recorder is brand new...granted it is NOT an expensive model. It was $50, but has a lot of good hookups and features.

I've only put a total of about 3 DVDs through it, so I consider it brand new, and shouldn't need cleaning.

I'm having an issue with lock up. Part way through a DVD (very good looking disc surfaces, mind you), it will freeze.

The player seems to be awfully hot. The case of the unit is probably over 100 degrees to the touch.

Does excessive heat have an impact on DVD lockup?

I've also got the unit sitting on top of my home theater amplifier, which also obviously puts out heat.

Should I relocate the DVD player to a shelf below, and on top of a VCR, which is hardly used.

Will this solve my problem? Has anyone had experience with this type of problem, and is / could heat be the issue?

Thanks,

Bob

I'm having an issue with playback of DVDs and lockup.

This DVD recorder is brand new...granted it is NOT an expensive model. It was $50, but has a lot of good hookups and features.

I've only put a total of about 3 DVDs through it, so I consider it brand new, and shouldn't need cleaning.

I'm having an issue with lock up. Part way through a DVD (very good looking disc surfaces, mind you), it will freeze.

The player seems to be awfully hot. The case of the unit is probably over 100 degrees to the touch.

Does excessive heat have an impact on DVD lockup?

I've also got the unit sitting on top of my home theater amplifier, which also obviously puts out heat.

Should I relocate the DVD player to a shelf below, and on top of a VCR, which is hardly used.

Will this solve my problem? Has anyone had experience with this type of problem, and is / could heat be the issue?

Thanks,

Bob

When you said ambient heat, I thought you had the room so warm it was causing problems with your dvd player! Anyway, yes heat in the unit could cause it to lock up. Have you tried moving it? That's the only way to tell if it will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)