DVD Recorder Question

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Just wondering, I purchased a Magnavox DVD recorder (same as the Philips line). If you record two shows back to back on different channels, it will cut off about 2 minutes of the second show. ie: ch 2 from 8-8:30, ch 11 from 8:30-9. The second recording will actually be from 8:32-9. Do all DVD recorders do this, or is this just a side effect of the Magnavox/Philips design?

Thanks,
-John

Just wondering, I purchased a Magnavox DVD recorder (same as the Philips line). If you record two shows back to back on different channels, it will cut off about 2 minutes of the second show. ie: ch 2 from 8-8:30, ch 11 from 8:30-9. The second recording will actually be from 8:32-9. Do all DVD recorders do this, or is this just a side effect of the Magnavox/Philips design?

Thanks,
-John

Check what your owner's manual says about how close recordings can be to each other. I have 2 Sony DVD recorders & a DVR so I'm not sure. But, the manual should tell you exactly what you want to know. Hope this helps.

I have a Pioneer DVD recorder with Hard Drive. It will power up a few minutes before the scheduled time and gets into ready mode before the program starts. For subsequent recordings to two adjacent shows, there is no gap between the two. I don't miss anything but sometimes because clock on the recorder doesn't matach the broadcast exactly, you will have the last min. of the 1st show in the 2nd, or vice versa.

My solution:
When I record two adjacent shows, I program the 1st show to keep recording for another 65 min. or so. That way I have both shows in a block and then you can split them in two if you want.

I was thinking of a manual recording, but I thought the post was regarding every week programs. In any event, your way works. Occasionally, I will do a manual recording. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts