DVD Recorders to use with VOOM?

dfergie,

Sent me one of his file. It is about 17MB so I can't post it here. Here are some questions:

The one titled "College Football - 2004-01-01.mpg". I noticed that you recorded from the E* receiver. Did you record this using the replay recorder? Did you use component from the E* receiver to the replay recorder? what type of connection did you use?

used s-video from a 6000u(or jvc equavalant) did not have my replay set up correctly, (had to set it up with dishnet 5000 codes to work)and did use replay box. It has component out digital optical out , but only s-video or rca in so any audio is dolby 2.0 and video is 480i ( it does output in 480p)
btw i hope they were the wm files

btw I got the replay because of the tardiness of the 921 arrival, and the reluctance to be a "beta" tester of same if I could get. the voom channel selection is trying to draw me in. ( I should be a sears preferred customer as I have bought the 6021, an hitachi as well as an samsung hdtv there in the last 11 months)

the files came from the replay via a program called dvarchive2.1 btw i tried burning them to a dvdrw and a cdrw, I have an apex dvdplayer that plays mpegs, it played them (I have looked at many programs to burn them to dvd and the answer was beside my tv)

dfergie,

don't worry you can keep it here. I received the 2nd file. I understand you used replaytv. What connection did you use - svideo or component?

Do I understand that Replaytv has some type of Voom support and Tivo doesn't? Are you able to access Voom program/channel listing thru Replaytv or is it some type of other method? Thanks, Harry

Phillips has 3 models DVD-R75, DVD-R80 and DVD R985 which have i-link and Video component Y, Pb Pr inputs. I wonder if the Component Video inputs will record all of Voom's HD channels in 480P? (until and if the Voom STB activates the i-link digital output.) Thanks, Harry

Harrypr said:
Phillips has 3 models DVD-R75, DVD-R80 and DVD R985 which have i-link and Video component Y, Pb Pr inputs.

Component inputs? Outputs I know. Also, don't think it is progressive, but not sure.

Also, per other thread would make sure can record anamorphic.

I own a DVDR80, it has component inputs

I have not played much with the component in connectors. My first task from the boss (and recipient of the Christmas gift) was to copy everything from our analog camcorder tapes onto DVDs. But the quality of a regular composite input is quite good. I anticipate that copying from the component inputs will be excellent.

And it is progressive scan using the Faroudji (sp?) progressive scan chip set. 2 channel stereo input recording, DD 5.1 stereo out.

It records to DVD +R or +RW, so you can use it like a VCR with RW disks. That also seems to work ok.

I am having a couple of problems with it, so I cannot give it an unqualified thumbs up. It has locked up over 1/3 of the time when I go to finalize a disc (we have made 10 of them so far -- about half way through the VCR tapes). Each time except one, a reboot of the unit allowed me to go back and finalize the disk. Once, we ended up with a coaster.

I have tried to download the latest firmware without success. I have been given a 2nd-tier phone number to call, but want to get a few more tapes done first :?

Can be had for under $500 online. There is a Sony recorder for about $100 more that can write -R, -RW, or +RW. But no component in.

- martincva

I see the Philips DVR-985 Stand-alone DVD recorder does have component in, and DVDR77 & 75. Don't see any notation of doing 16x9 recording, and I thought Philips was unique.

One big prob (not for retaping home videos though) reminds me of my W-VHS days. Stereo only recording.

Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)