DVD Recorders: Who's using them with Voom?

Liteon LVW 5045

Has any voomer tried this recorder? Record on both DVD-R and DVD+R plus 160 GB HDD. On another note, are there any recorder that has a component input for HD recording?

TIA

component input

Yes, the philips dvd recorder model #HDRW720 has component inputs as well as component outputs.

I heard HD DVD writers for the PC should be coming to market late March early April. The disks can 25GB to 30GB :bounce .
I can wait I have a ton of raw HD material recorded from the SuperBowl(27GB)includes halftime show to FOX's 24 Season4 up till current episode (8GB). I can actualy fit each 24 episode on a standard dual layer DVD.

How's the Voom box in passing along anamorphic flags, or is that even possible in the HD-to-SD downconvert it does? Just wondering if the 16:9 framing is kept when you folks are recording to DVD...or, more particularly, say it does record widescreen, but do you have to manually tell your HD set what aspect ratio the image is when watching a 16:9 Voom recording?

stormingrinn said:
Yes, the philips dvd recorder model #HDRW720 has component inputs as well as component outputs.

I have a Magnavox recorder (same company). It has the component input.
However, I would have to change the settings on the Voom STB to 480i to use them. I am getting a good picture using the s-video input.

I have the STB set at 1080i for the DVI output, and I have the S-Video plugged into the DVD recorder. The recordings come out in DVD quality. They do not come out in HD Quality. This is fine. I can live with this.

I have problems with the DVR. Once you fill up a hard drive - you are going to be removing a lot of stuff from the hard drive to make room for new things, or you are going to be changing the hard drive. Then if you want something on the other hard drive you have to swap them out.

Now with a dvd recorder you can just put another DVD in the machine. However, it doesn't automatically kill advertisements, and you don't have HD quality recordings. So there are some trade offs.

roland

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts