DVD slow turnaround

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tugboat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
The Blockbuster distribution center for DVDs is in the same city as Netfllix, yet they take 3 days longer to process DVDs and mail them. For example my Netflix DVDs are mailed on Wed, they get them Thu, mail out next batch same day and I get them on Friday. That's a 3 day process. With Blockbuster I send DVD back on Wed, they don't tell me when they got it and they send next DVD 4 days later and I get it the following day. That's a 6 day process. This is now twice I've returned and it's taken the same amount of time. The DVDs in my queue are available, so it's not an avilability issue.

To top it off, I search their DVDs under Blu-Ray and chose one. When I get it, it's a DVD.

I'm satisfied with the streaming, so the DVD portion isn't that important. Just seems they'd do a better job if they wish to compete.

Anytime a disc takes longer than 4 days you will want to log into your account click on queue and use the "Report Problem" link. The average turn around is supposed to be 3 days, and when you report issues it can help to find areas that are having issues so they can be improved.

Before Blockbuster went into bankruptcy, their service was equal to Netflix. I live in a city that has distribution centers for both and was a customer of both at different times. If our at home queue was empty on Monday and a new release was getting released on Tuesday, both services would mail the DVD on Monday and you got it in the mail on Tuesday. When returning a title, both services would get it the day after it was mailed back. When Netfix started the 28 day wait for some new releases, Blockbuster got the edge over Netflix, at least in my mind.

When Blockbuster went into Bankruptcy, their service got real bad so I went back to Netflix. After Dish bought Blockbuster, the service got better and after trying it out for free, I left Netflix and went back to them. Service was a little slower but they still mailed new releases out on a Monday so you got them the day they were available in the stores. If a movie in your queue went into a wait state, I noticed that the wait was longer then in the good old days, and it took longer for a mailed title to get to you because it usually came from a different distribution center.

Since Dish started offering their BBMP plan, service in the Phoenix area got really bad. I wouldn't get anything sent to me, things would fall in the the long wait black hole, they would send me titles that were removed from my queue when I checked it out at a store, and the one that caused me to drop Blockbuster was not getting any titles for over a week.

Short of getting the service free for a year, I'll stick with Netflix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts