DVE for blu-ray out

Mine has been on order for months. Hopefully it will arrive today.

There is supposed to be a new HD DVD version to match the Blu-ray version, but I don't know if they canceled it.

No, they didn't cancel it.

UltimateAVmag.com: Joe Kane Productions <I>Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics</I> Setup Disc

With the demise of HD DVD, why offer a test disc in that format? There are several reasons. First, HD DVD is much more stable with no variation in capabilities from one player to another. By contrast, most features are optional for Blu-ray players, so their capabilities are inconsistent from one player to another.

Ouch. I know it's not the war zone, but geez... Anyhoo, the review is there.

Mine did not arrive yesterday. Maybe today. Have to set aside time, even with guests in the house, to calibrate.

For those that have calibrated with this disc- about how long did it take?

I ordered the DVE BD about a week ago, arrived ealry this week. Just waiting on my new damn plasma to test it on :mad:

Please give that set 100-200 hours of break-in before calibration. Did you get an anti-burn in DVD (free download) yet? It's almost essential for any plasma owner.

The 2nd HD DVD version was because this one is a little different--hence being released at the same time as the Blu version. People complained about the original HD DVD version lacking instructions on the HD side, having a frustrating menu and being difficult to use. The combo thing had nothing to do with it. The Blu version of the one that was released last year kept getting delayed and delayed.

I'm glad they finally got it out. That was one of my biggest complaints about Blu-Ray was lack of decent prosumer calibration disc.

Oh yeah, Im thinking about running it on 24/7 on DIsc HD Theater. I dont have the ability to burn the BI DVD right now. I did read where the new DVE disc was supposed to be easy to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts