DVI cable-What brand do you use?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdanderson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
Garland,Tx.
I have my Voom install scheduled for this Saturday but I was thinking about buying my own DVI cable rather than use the one that it supposed to come with Voom. I have seen Monster's DVI cable in stores for $99.00 but I have also seen less expensive ones on the web. Has anyone had a chance to do any kind of comparison between different brands of DVI cable? Thanks for any input.

There is supposed to be dvi cables that come with it?? My installer forgot several parts and I got one set of the following: phone cable, audio cable, component cable.

Let me know if there is supposed to be DVI cables as well so I can call and have someone send them too me.

monetteboy said:
There is supposed to be dvi cables that come with it?? My installer forgot several parts and I got one set of the following: phone cable, audio cable, component cable.

Let me know if there is supposed to be DVI cables as well so I can call and have someone send them too me.

The DVI cable is included...If you did not get it, you should ask for it.

The DVI cable that comes with voom looks like a high quality cable to me. ANyway Ive heard you wont see much difference between a Monster type DVI cable and a simple DVI cable from the computer store do to the nature of the signal. I recieved DVI, component and videoand audio rca cables

There is quite a bit of information posted on DVI cables. Mr. Biggles has written some good posts. There are some good internet companies where you can purchase cables that are equal to anything that Monster puts out, and they cost a lot less. For example, I needed a DVI to HDMI cable to connect the STB to my Pioneer media receiver. Best Buy had a monster cable for $129. Same cable at Ram Electronics was $49. Bettercables.com had one for $89.

I bought the one at Best Buy (30 day money-back guarantee) to see what it did for picture quality, and then ordered another cable from Ram. Will return the cable to Best Buy when the other one arrives. A bit of a hassle, but worth saving $80.

I bought two cables for $.99 each (plus shipping) on eBay. They work beautifully for me.

Stay away from Monster, they are the single biggest rip-off going right now in terms of cables, way overpriced! Go to http://www.pacificcable.com. about 60-70% less than Monster cables, and equal or better quality. the have the largest selection and lowest prices. I saved $70 on my new DVI cable their last month.

For long runs, I use Lindy cables. Very easy to buy on Ebay. I also use Pacific Custom Cables for a lot of stuff that I do.

-MP

Do Not Pay Big Bucks For DVI Cables!!!

mdanderson said:
I have my Voom install scheduled for this Saturday but I was thinking about buying my own DVI cable rather than use the one that it supposed to come with Voom. I have seen Monster's DVI cable in stores for $99.00 but I have also seen less expensive ones on the web. Has anyone had a chance to do any kind of comparison between different brands of DVI cable? Thanks for any input.

I use a DVI cable I got with an older IBM flat panel display for a computer. Super nice quality and works like a charm....and best of all...it was free!

Sean Mota said:
The DVI cable is included...If you did not get it, you should ask for it.

I called voom last night and they are sending me two new starter cable kits. Thanks for info.

Thanks to all for your input on this subject. If I don't like the supplied DVI cabel from Voom then I will probably order Cobalt's Ultimate DVI cable. I have their digital coax on the way and I already have Cobalt's component video and Ultimate Audio bundle for my dvd player. They really make quality products and I have been very satisfied with them. I have also heard good things about Ram Electronics products. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts