DVI question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

traxxs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
If this has been covered please delete

I have a Hitachi 51s500 connected with DVI cable when switching channels picture will not come in(blank screen Snowy staticy screen, audio works though)switching to another channel and back will bring the picture in .component cables work fine .

I have tried STB on different settings 720,1080 and auto but still same result when channel surfing.

Is this a known problem or should i call Voom.or maybe my tv

traxxs said:
If this has been covered please delete

I have a Hitachi 51s500 connected with DVI cable when switching channels picture will not come in(blank screen Snowy staticy screen, audio works though)switching to another channel and back will bring the picture in .component cables work fine .

I have tried STB on different settings 720,1080 and auto but still same result when channel surfing.

Is this a known problem or should i call Voom.or maybe my tv

Do you know or can you check your manual to see if this model is HDCP compliant through DVI? VOOM activated the HDCP flag through DVI.

One of the reasons I do not use DVI is that I get a HDCP message and a black screen if the TV is turned on after the reciever is on. The set is DVI HDCP compliant and works fine if the reciever is turned on after the TV is, but its annoying.

The other reason I dont use it is because I spent a lot of time in the service menu getting overscan like I want it under component input and Im too lazy to go through all that again for DVI. Not to mention adjusting all the convergence again for it. And the colors arent as vivid so all of those settings would need adjusting too. If someone sees a marked improvement in DVI vs component on an RPTV let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts