DVR-1100c will not update

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
I have been trying to get my glorystar to update on G19-KU.

I get:

Signal: Fail
New Version: Waiting

Galaxy 19-C 3744 V 3250

Why on earth does the receiver think the update is on Glaaxy 19-C ?

And I have been checking out the ku band list.

I don't think the Glorystar update ota has been updated lately. Where is the Glorystar ota located now ?

G19-KU 12115/V/22425 It has been updated within the past couple of weeks. If you can't chose the proper Satellite - do a factory reset to the Glorstar Setup. Then do the OTA update, followed by another factory reset and a power cycle.
Bob

I think there is a way to manually select the TP to do the update. A while back I had the same issue and SatelliteAV and myself were able to troubleshoot it. What happens is they set up the software to grab a "fixed" transponder spot in the listings. Like TP12 which (if you master rest the receiver) was TP 12115. I had deleted all the TP's and scanned so it was showing a different one.

Did you change any settings on the sat list? If I remember, Glorystar has it set to grab the software from sat 1 in the list (which is G19 KU)

I think there is a way to manually select the TP to do the update. A while back I had the same issue and SatelliteAV and myself were able to troubleshoot it. What happens is they set up the software to grab a "fixed" transponder spot in the listings. Like TP12 which (if you master rest the receiver) was TP 12115. I had deleted all the TP's and scanned so it was showing a different one.

Did you change any settings on the sat list? If I remember, Glorystar has it set to grab the software from sat 1 in the list (which is G19 KU)
The latest software allows you to select the update source - if Lassar has an older version of the software, he will not be able to choose the source. This is why I suggested that he do a factory/glorystar default. That will get the receiver back to the 12115 TP. After that doing a manual update, factory default followed by a power cycle, he Will be able to choose the update source. Iceberg, I believe you are correct about the probability of a deleted TP.
Bob

Yes I have edited the channels with channel master.

If I save the channel list, do a factory reset and update, will I be able to reload my saved channels.

Will the loaded "saved channels" be in the same same order I saved them in.

Yes I have edited the channels with channel master.

If I save the channel list, do a factory reset and update, will I be able to reload my saved channels.

Will the loaded "saved channels" be in the same same order I saved them in.

Yes, you may save the channel list to USB then reload over the updated satellite list after the update. The saved/reloaded list will contain the same satellites, transponders and channels in the order that you have assigned.

You will like the new scan features and the upgraded scanning speed of the updated firmware!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts