DVR 625: Dish says up to 100 hours

JerseyGuy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
I am planning to sell my 625 on ebay to recoup some of the cost of my upgrade to the 622. I want to really tout that it has 150 hours of recording time but the Dish Network site says upto 100. Whats up, were only a select few able to get the new space??

I believe the 625 originally had 100 hours of recording space, but dish released some VOD space for recording about a year ago in a software update (required reformat of HDD).

Yes, all new 625s are 150 hrs once they download the current software.

As far as yours, once you delete all programs from the hard drive and delete all timers, do a hard reset (power cord). When it reboots it SHOULD do a reformat and give you 150 hours. However, if it's not currently connected to a sat feed, I don't know what it will do.

As far as yours, once you delete all programs from the hard drive and delete all timers, do a hard reset (power cord). When it reboots it SHOULD do a reformat and give you 150 hours.
His has 150 hours of available recording space. The problem is, he has no documentation to back this up.

JerseyGuy: I would a) explain that a s/w update and doing a few steps would enable increasing space from 100 to 150 hours (find a thread here that details that and include it in your auction listing); b) take a picture of the "My Recordings" screen showing the hours-available reading.

I just tried it and it worked just as written SWEET, thanks guys .I just went from 100 hrs to 150 hrs for nothing....this saved me the trouble of trying to figure out how to hook up a external HD. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)