DVR 625 hookup question

gpuvalowski

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
I currently have a DPP twin LNB on a dish 500 satelite and running 2 recievers, A 311 and a dual 322.

Thinking about getting a dual DVR 625 reciever and If I understand right it hooks up just like the 322. A DPP wire going to it with the DPP splitter to feed the 2 inputs. then I can watch on two seperate channels off the two tuners and have the DVR option as well.

Does the DVR work on both tuners of just on the 1st tuner where the reciever is sitting

Also what sound I expect to pay for a 625 reciever

Any imput will be helpfull thanks.

I currently have a DPP twin LNB on a dish 500 satelite and running 2 recievers, A 311 and a dual 322.

Thinking about getting a dual DVR 625 reciever and If I understand right it hooks up just like the 322. A DPP wire going to it with the DPP splitter to feed the 2 inputs. then I can watch on two seperate channels off the two tuners and have the DVR option as well.

Does the DVR work on both tuners of just on the 1st tuner where the reciever is sitting

Also what sound I expect to pay for a 625 reciever

Any imput will be helpfull thanks.

The 625 have up to 150 hours in their HDD to share on TV1 and TV2 or single mode,It comes with 2 remotes just like the 322,If you don't connect to the phone land line you'll charge with a $ 5.98 fee.

A DPP [twin] wire going to it with the DPP splitter to feed the 2 inputs. then I can watch on two seperate channels off the two tuners and have the DVR option as well.
That's right. Just note that you meant to say (and use) a separator, not a splitter. They aren't the same thing, and a splitter will definitely not work for dual-tuner receivers. But not to worry; one is usually supplied with dual tuner receivers.
Also what sound I expect to pay for a 625 reciever?
It's a current model, so if you buy one outright it can cost a pretty penny. Or you can talk Dish out of a leased 625 for not much along with a 2 yr commitment. Or you can buy a used receiver. I bought a refurbished one off ebay for $75 + $25 shipping, and it has been great for me. I dropped two single-tuner receivers and added DVR Advantage, and my bill went down around $10/month.