DVR ad is misleading

tdillon

Loster then I Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 9, 2004
I browsed my DVR titles today and discovered a gem that they pushed out. It is titled ".99 cent Movies on Dish!" When I played the recording, the details are that the movies cost 100 times that amount to rent, or 99 cents.

When will people stop writing .99 cents when they mean 99 cents?

.99 dollars equals 99 cents

.99 cents is less than a penny.

I'm more questioning how long before there are requests for DISH to install barcode scanners in their boxes so that Big Mama Jenkins can scan her double-Tuesdays coupons through...

I was going to post on this. In the description it talks about 99¢ movies July 1-7 or choose from 83 other movies. Mine says nothing about a 99¢ anything. Just features coming to DishCinema many on the same day they come out on DVD. Nothing was said about pricing and the "special" viewing July 1-7. Basically nothing was said about the description of this push piece.

Just rewatched and nothing about pricing, but a big deal about having it before "Net _ _ _ _ and Red _ _ _. So where's the 99¢ movies. Or just more of DISH's deceptive advertising? With a couple of the release dates long since past.

Color me confused. Well not really. It's DISH after all.

Yep

The download said 99 cents alright. I watched it the AM cause when I got up it was on ch 101. So I knew something was going on since what it had been left on was no longer on.

I suggest calling Verizon on this. Their CSRs will understand. :)

I thought the more misleading thing was, as I watched the first few minutes, they didn't talk at all about the movies being 99 cents. I might give one a try (just to check out the 1080p finally) if they really will be 99 cents.

Ooops..... someone deleted that timer when I was checking through my scheduled recordings.
Funny thing, I noticed this timer on my schedule a day or so before it was on. I deleted the timer because I knew it was just another waste of DVR space for me. Wouldn't you know it, I looked on my DVR amd magically it recorded anyway!
Way to go Dish, I delete it and you reset the timer on me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts