DVR Advantage

kokomogator

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
I just called to change my AEP + HD + Locals to the 250 DVR Advantage and was told I would have to do an 18 month committment or use autopay. I thought they had changed those requirements. Anyone know? I don't trust the CSR's she could barely speak english and my experience has been if you call three diff reps you will get three diff answers. I'll go autopay if I have to (no way on the committment) but would like to know if this is really required.

Any help is appreciated. thanks:)

I totally agree with "3 csr's, 3 different answers" but I was told the same thing when I went with AT200 DVR Advantage back in the Spring. I did autopay.

Ed

I just changed my service pack from AEP + HD + locals to the DVR advantage 250 with HD.

My old bill was $114 a month Know it is $89 a month but being as i had 15 months left on my new commitment they just left it at that, but yes there is a 18 month commitment with that package or use auto pay.

Interesting. I have DVR Advantage with HD and AT250. DVR Advantage appears on my bill as $49.99 per month, and the HD and AT200-to-AT250 add-on appears as a single $30 item on my bill labeled "DISHHD WITH 1 PREMIUM PACKAGE".

I have AEP + HD + locals ...will I save any $$$ with DVR advantage?????

Should I call too? I have AEP + HD + Locals + Multi-Sport, and four DVRs. I just signed up back in September and committed to 18 months, auto pay, and paperless. Am I screwed or should I call and check out the DVR advantage! When I signed up I was never told about the DVR Advantage plan. Guess that is my fault for not checking out things a little closer.

I believe you guys with AEP don't pay any DVR fees. With DVR advantage, you only get one DVR (your primary receiver) without the fee; the rest will still have the fee.

Should I call too? I have AEP + HD + Locals + Multi-Sport, and four DVRs. I just signed up back in September and committed to 18 months, auto pay, and paperless. Am I screwed or should I call and check out the DVR advantage! When I signed up I was never told about the DVR Advantage plan. Guess that is my fault for not checking out things a little closer.

Charles, the DVR advantage plan only covers the DVR fee for one receiver. The AEP package waives the DVR fees on all the DVR receivers in your account. You have 4 DVRS, that's $17.94 just on the DVR fees.

I have AEP + HD + locals ...will I save any $$$ with DVR advantage?????

I have AEP+Locals+HD also. I used to have a 622 (leased) and a 311 (owned). I recently upgraded the 311 to a (leased)722, and expected to pay an additional $6.00/mo (plus taxes) for a second leased receiver. WITHOUT PROMPTING, however, the CSR put me on something called Digital Home Advantage AEP with Locals. With taxes, it's about $2.00/mo more than I was paying before. Sometimes good things happen in India! :D

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)