DVR Always Defaults to 480i Resolution – Why?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
No matter what channel I have it on or what recorded program I watch, the front of the DVR always says 480i. If I get up and change the front to 1080i, the picture is much better, but as soon as I change channels or watch another recorded show, it goes back to 480i. If I could change it to 1080i from the remote I wouldn’t mind, but all it does from the remote is cycle through the 480i settings. Getting up all the time to switch the receiver to 1080i is a pain. I have a 1080p plasma and believe I have all the settings in the TV and DVR correct, but still no luck. How do I get it to always stay at 1080i or at least change to the correct resolution as appropriate?

Never mind - some DBS Talk folks helped me out already. I feel like a real idiot because I never saw the three tabs up top (including the far right TV Resolutions tab) on the HDTV page under setup, which is where you change it.

The FORMAT button on the remote is used to change the output resolution. Also, in the system settings is where you can force the unit to use Native (where it outputs whatever it is sent) or whatever resolution you want.

Dang! You found the answer while I was typing. But, I'll leave this here for anyone else that may search for this answer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)