Best way to add HD-DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Aurora

Aurora

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 2, 2008
Aurora, CO
I have read on a couple of threads here that people have gotten hd-dvrs free just by calling D* until they offer it. In my situation, I am new to satellite, just started subscribing in october of 2008. I currently have 2 HR-22's and 1 D12 receiver, the wife has her mind set on getting a "small" (32 inch) lcd for the bedroom to save space. (we currently have an old 27" CRT which as you all know, is rather bulky compared to a flat screen)

I am thinking D* doesn't consider me a valuable enough subscriber to give me a better deal than 99$ for HD or 199$ for HDDVR, so I was just going to go to costco where they have HR-22's for $169. Do you guys think I would be wasting time calling 1-800-directv every day asking if i could get a deal on it, or should I just pay full price?

Thanks guys, everyone here is always a big help.:)

jdspencer

jdspencer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2004
Binghamton, NY
I really doubt you can get a better deal out of DirecTV. All you could end up doing by calling is to get on some list.

I'd go buy the HR22 from Costco.

Aurora

Aurora

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 2, 2008
Aurora, CO
Like a list of annoying customers? :eek: Definitely don't want that. I think we are going to go ahead and buy it at Costco. thanks!

Bob Nielsen

Bob Nielsen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 22, 2006
Bainbridge Island, WA
You probably won't get a better deal than that from Directv until you have been a subscriber for at least six months and maybe not even then. so Costco is a good choice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.