Best way to add HD-DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aurora

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Aurora, CO
I have read on a couple of threads here that people have gotten hd-dvrs free just by calling D* until they offer it. In my situation, I am new to satellite, just started subscribing in october of 2008. I currently have 2 HR-22's and 1 D12 receiver, the wife has her mind set on getting a "small" (32 inch) lcd for the bedroom to save space. (we currently have an old 27" CRT which as you all know, is rather bulky compared to a flat screen)

I am thinking D* doesn't consider me a valuable enough subscriber to give me a better deal than 99$ for HD or 199$ for HDDVR, so I was just going to go to costco where they have HR-22's for $169. Do you guys think I would be wasting time calling 1-800-directv every day asking if i could get a deal on it, or should I just pay full price?

Thanks guys, everyone here is always a big help.:)

I really doubt you can get a better deal out of DirecTV. All you could end up doing by calling is to get on some list.

I'd go buy the HR22 from Costco.

Like a list of annoying customers? :eek: Definitely don't want that. I think we are going to go ahead and buy it at Costco. thanks!

You probably won't get a better deal than that from Directv until you have been a subscriber for at least six months and maybe not even then. so Costco is a good choice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts