STRONGLY CONSIDERING DIRECT

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can anyone confirm that DirecTV has Greenville, NC locals in HD? I am strongly considering it!

I threw in a couple zip codes for Greenville at the D* web site lookup tool and it said no. But then last week they issued a press release, The DIRECTV Group, Inc. - DIRECTV Delivers Local HD Programming To Customers in the Greenville-New Bern, N.C. DMA saying:

"WHAT: DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading satellite television service provider, is now offering local HD programming to customers in the Greenville-New Bern, N.C. designated market area. The following broadcast networks are available in HD: WITN/NBC, WNCT/CBS and WYDO/FOX. DIRECTV now offers local HD broadcast channels in 117 cities, representing more than 87 percent of U.S. TV households.
WHEN: Now available"

So either the lookup tool hasn't been updated lately or the press release is a mistake. There is this post over at DBSTalk from someone there, DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - Now that I got HD Locals, What do I do with my old dish?

Yea Back in 2002 D* was Telling is New Customers that Lived in Pike county PA that they carried Scranton Wilkes Barre Locals when they really didn't. They failed to tell New Customers that Pike county PA was in the NY City DMA. Because that was turning customers away, and Guess what D* lost in court and had to pay Everyone who go new D* service in North east PA. Between I think 2000-2004. But yep D* paid the debt. It took untill 2006 before I got my $25 check. Here's the Law suit.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/directv.html

Last edited:
So if the CSR's can't tell you now what locals your supposed to get. How are you supposed to business with D*?

Well, sad but true in SOME cases, and hardly exclusive to D*, as you know.

I dont mean that your exact case happens with all companies, I just mean, most of us here know that CSRs are the most dependable when it comes to info on what is offers or what is coming up

Thanks to everyone.....I called and they said they were available and I asked a few people at work and yes they are working now....don't know if anyone else got this deal but I got all the channels except Skinamax with HDDVR for 59.97 for 1 year.....then I am sure it will go to 150.00 LOL... anyway...I have my instal scheduled for Feb 8th.....I can't wait....

I even called Dish and asked if they could match my promo and they said no.!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)