Best way to add HD-DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aurora

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Aurora, CO
I have read on a couple of threads here that people have gotten hd-dvrs free just by calling D* until they offer it. In my situation, I am new to satellite, just started subscribing in october of 2008. I currently have 2 HR-22's and 1 D12 receiver, the wife has her mind set on getting a "small" (32 inch) lcd for the bedroom to save space. (we currently have an old 27" CRT which as you all know, is rather bulky compared to a flat screen)

I am thinking D* doesn't consider me a valuable enough subscriber to give me a better deal than 99$ for HD or 199$ for HDDVR, so I was just going to go to costco where they have HR-22's for $169. Do you guys think I would be wasting time calling 1-800-directv every day asking if i could get a deal on it, or should I just pay full price?

Thanks guys, everyone here is always a big help.:)

I really doubt you can get a better deal out of DirecTV. All you could end up doing by calling is to get on some list.

I'd go buy the HR22 from Costco.

Like a list of annoying customers? :eek: Definitely don't want that. I think we are going to go ahead and buy it at Costco. thanks!

You probably won't get a better deal than that from Directv until you have been a subscriber for at least six months and maybe not even then. so Costco is a good choice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)