DVR and the 722

speedlever

Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
NC
I have f/w L618, set to update at 0300 local time. Antenna mounted on roof, no bushes to block. We do lose the signal fairly easily in rain though.

I'm having issues recording with the DVR. Specifically the Tour de France on 151 (VS). The recordings stop early (sometimes). Even with good weather. The 722 HD runs pretty warm (125* avg).

Even when I get the option to record the entire program, it may stop short. Also, why can't I tell it to record a program in its entirety in the future? With sports programs, you don't really know when the end of the broadcast will be.

Is this an issue with the 722, the firmware, or Dish itself?

Just do a manual timer. That or go into the menu and set it to record a few more minutes after the show is suppose to end. I'm guessing it's aproblem with the program running longer than what the program guide says it's suppose to run. Exaple: If the program guide says, Golf 2PM - 8PM, and the golf coverage goes till 8:20PM, the DVR will cut off the last 20 minutes of the program.

Ok. But then I have to ask what is the point of having an option to record the entire event? That implies the DVR will know when the program ends the broadcast, if it runs over. Am I misunderstanding the intent of that option?