DVR code for Home Theater Master Remotes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
S

santiclaws

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 12, 2004
For some weird reason, my HTM MX-500 has no codes for DirectTV at all. Anyone know the code for the HD DVR?

Thanks

M

Maniacal1

Dec 22, 2005
Millers Falls, MA
The MX-500 predates the DirecTV HD-DVR's, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a built-in code.

I used the learning mode to teach my MX-500 for both an HR-20 and an HR-21.

Edmund

Edmund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
Granada Hills, Ca
The library in the mx500 is 8 years old, universal remotes didn't show up with a code for the current line of directv receivers until two years ago. Yes you'll have to teach.

S

santiclaws

May 12, 2004
Ended up having to teach it - I forgot how quick and easy it was. Love my Mx-500. :)

E

equium

Jun 8, 2009
Sacramento
Hi. sorry to bump up an old topic, but i'm having trouble learning some buttons on my mx500. Some work, some don't. I just had an HR23 installed and I'm working feverishly to get the remote programmed for the wife. Did any of you have to use a "one for all" for some of the commands? Or did the Direct TV remote work fine.
It's been a LONG time since I've programmed my MX, but's it's all coming back to me.
any tips and tricks would be appreciated
thanks

Edmund

Edmund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
Granada Hills, Ca
What commands are you having trouble with? sometimes theres punch-through enabled, which supercedes taught commands. Even commands taught after the punch-through was enabled.

E

equium

Jun 8, 2009
Sacramento
What commands are you having trouble with? sometimes theres punch-through enabled, which supercedes taught commands. Even commands taught after the punch-through was enabled.
It varies. The Power button is one i'm having issues with now. I an using an unused device button, but I may have to AUX155 it and start over. I didn't think about the punch through. I did some reading online and I'm going to try the "duck blind" method tonight.
thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.