DVR code for Home Theater Master Remotes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

santiclaws

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 12, 2004
For some weird reason, my HTM MX-500 has no codes for DirectTV at all. Anyone know the code for the HD DVR?

Thanks

The MX-500 predates the DirecTV HD-DVR's, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a built-in code.

I used the learning mode to teach my MX-500 for both an HR-20 and an HR-21.

The library in the mx500 is 8 years old, universal remotes didn't show up with a code for the current line of directv receivers until two years ago. Yes you'll have to teach.

Ended up having to teach it - I forgot how quick and easy it was. Love my Mx-500. :)

Hi. sorry to bump up an old topic, but i'm having trouble learning some buttons on my mx500. Some work, some don't. I just had an HR23 installed and I'm working feverishly to get the remote programmed for the wife. Did any of you have to use a "one for all" for some of the commands? Or did the Direct TV remote work fine.
It's been a LONG time since I've programmed my MX, but's it's all coming back to me.
any tips and tricks would be appreciated
thanks

What commands are you having trouble with? sometimes theres punch-through enabled, which supercedes taught commands. Even commands taught after the punch-through was enabled.

What commands are you having trouble with? sometimes theres punch-through enabled, which supercedes taught commands. Even commands taught after the punch-through was enabled.
It varies. The Power button is one i'm having issues with now. I an using an unused device button, but I may have to AUX155 it and start over. I didn't think about the punch through. I did some reading online and I'm going to try the "duck blind" method tonight.
thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)