DVR fee?????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

squirrelchaser

Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
I was told by a CSR that if I add a new DVR to my account that I will be charged a monthly DVR fee regardless of the fact that I have Premier. I was under the impression that the fee was waived for Premier subscribers. Any truth to what he told me?

I've never had premium, but that's very strange, since the Plus HD package is $30 less and includes the DVR and HD access charges....

The DVR used to be free with the Premier package but that changed about a month or two ago. People were grandfathered into the free DVR service but if you make a change to your service you'll start receiving a $5.99 charge for it even if you still have Premier on the account.

And the Plus HD doesn't have all of the movie packages either.

Obviously there's a reason it's $30 less - I wasn't trying to compare the packages. It just seems like the Premium package would give you pretty much everything, including those fees... do you also have to pay extra for your HD Access with Premium? How about the new HD pack?

Obviously there's a reason it's $30 less - I wasn't trying to compare the packages. It just seems like the Premium package would give you pretty much everything, including those fees... do you also have to pay extra for your HD Access with Premium? How about the new HD pack?

From what I hear the Premier package in its current state "doesn't" include the DVR Service Fee, HD Access fee nor the HD Extra Package fee. Also no package available today will include the HD Extra package fee.

From what I hear the Premier package in its current state "doesn't" include the DVR Service Fee, HD Access fee nor the HD Extra Package fee. Also no package available today will include the HD Extra package fee.

Yeah, I know... still debating whether or not I will pay the $5 once they start charging it... with the current offerings and PQ of the MPEG2 channels, I might drop it, but if the new channels get to be any good (I haven't been overly impressed with the content on Smithsonian so far, but hoping MGM will be better) and/or when they switch them all to MPEG4 I would probably want them...

What is the HD Extra Package Fee? I have not heard of it?

Yeah, I know... still debating whether or not I will pay the $5 once they start charging it... with the current offerings and PQ of the MPEG2 channels, I might drop it, but if the new channels get to be any good (I haven't been overly impressed with the content on Smithsonian so far, but hoping MGM will be better) and/or when they switch them all to MPEG4 I would probably want them...

I watch HD Net regularly and that IS in that grouping so far ......
Mr. Cuban said that he's looking into that :hatsoff:

Jimbo

What is the HD Extra Package Fee? I have not heard of it?

This package is called the "DirecTV HD Extra Pack" and will remain free for the next couple of months. Simply put the DirecTV HD Extra Pack will contain all HDTV channels that aren't a simulcast of an existing SDTV channel. For example HDNet, HDNet Movies, Universal HD, MGM HD, Smithsonian, Universal HD and HD Theater (was Discovery HD Theater) don't have an SD channel so these channels will be part of the upcoming DirecTV HD Extra Pack.

All other channels such as ESPN HD etc that have an SD channel will be included in the base package and/or subscription package that currently houses the SD channel. To get any HD channels though you must have HD Access on your account like today.

So to get the Starz HD channels you must subscribe to Starz Superpak. Simply put if you don't get the SD version of the channel you won't get the HD version.

So if a new HD channel is added that has the SD version as part of the Choice Xtra package you won't get that HD channel if you have just the Choice or Family package.

You can view this link below to see what current and upcoming HD channels you will get as part of your base programming package. Any premium HD channels require that you order the premium channel itself (ie Starz to get Starz HD etc). Once your viewing the link below select your programming package. On the right most programming package option will show you what channels are part of the HD Extra package. This package will cost an extra 4.99/month in a couple of months.

DIRECTV: DIRECTV - HD Programming - Choice Xtra + HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)