Rockies Vs. Padres on TBSHD tonite...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would think so. And judging by the Braves game yesterday, it should look spectacular.

Looks even better with that 3-0 lead! :D

So to answer the naysayers, HD on TBS is real and it's spectacular!

Man, TBSHD has lived up to the hype. I don't think I've had a baseball game look this good in HD all year. The real test for me is always trying to see the net behind home plate protecting all the ticket holders and it's very visible when the pitcher is winding up. I remember watching the WS last year on E* on Fox and while nice, I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10. This game would get a 9.5 from me. Just awesome.

The game looks great, but this is the first content I have noticed in HD since TBS launched. There is really no excuse. A lot of TBS's content was filmed in HD; Friends, King of Queens, Raymond, and even Shrek should have looked better.

I watched many games this year in HD on MLB, ESPN, Locals, YES, etc. The picture quality for this game was as good or better than any I watched all year.

Yep, but are you 110% sure that syndication agreements allows the rebroadcasts in HD?
If not, then why launch another pseudo-HD channel that just wastes bandwidth. Put the playoffs on TNT-HD. When you have enough HD content for a prime-time schedule, then launch your HD channel.

I have to disagree with you all. This game looked the worse PQ wise. It does not compare to ESPN, Fox or YES HD. Poor cameras and grainy was the major problem.

The game last night was not as good as their broadcast of the Braves game on Sunday, but for me it was still at least as good as MPEG2 ESPN (without the pixelation) and my Fox OTA feed.

directv is supposed to some out today within the next 3.5 hours but from what I saw on ESPN-HD highlights, the broadcast look pretty decent. I can't wait to finally have the Starz package in HD!

It was on tbs and 95 the picture was better on 95 tbs was soft also the sound was better on 95.
tbs is suppose to be in 1080i but the game was in 720i 95 was in 1080i

If not, then why launch another pseudo-HD channel that just wastes bandwidth. Put the playoffs on TNT-HD. When you have enough HD content for a prime-time schedule, then launch your HD channel.

I guess because every channel (brand) want to be out there in the marketplace for customer visibility.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts