Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Does Directv charge one DVR fee per receiver or per account? I was thinking about getting a HR34 and if its per account I would be dumb to return the HR24 I'd be better off replacing a H24.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
yep per account
i replaced an h24 with an hr34, and no change in monthly price

Sorry to bust your troll like bubble Claude, but at one time I had 2 722 units and pain ONLY a single DVR fee for the account.

And you didn't report thier error, you THIEF YOU !

Dish current set up you pay a DVR fee for each recvr.
Directv, you pay the single DVR fee for the entire account.

I would seriously think he know what he's talking about seeing he's sold DISH for many years.

That is not true.

Yes, DISH Network used to charge $6.00 per DVR receiver but it is now an account level fee. $6.00 a month covers all DVR's active on that account. We did do away with the TV2 connection fee.

-Dirt.

Where does this misinformation come from??? ONE $6 DVR account fee with Dish. (and ONE $4 Whole home fee for the Hoppa.)

Last edited:
What Claude is saying is with Directv regardless of receiver type added to the account its $6 per receiver fee

Dish can be 7, 10, 14 or 17 depending on the receiver type

and yes you are paying 2 DVR fees if you have more than one DVR on the account with Dish
IF you have 2 722's on the account you are paying $6 for the DVR fee and on the 2nd 722 its $17 for a dual tuner DVR....dual tuner receivers are only $14 so yes dish is double dipping the DVR fees

What Claude is saying is with Directv regardless of receiver type added to the account its $6 per receiver fee

and yes you are paying 2 DVR fees if you have more than one DVR on the account with Dish
IF you have 2 722's on the account you are paying $6 for the DVR fee and on the 2nd 722 its $17 for a dual tuner DVR....dual tuner receivers are only $14 so yes dish is double dipping the DVR fees

That's how it was. I know when I had Dish they use to charge $6.00 per DVR (but something tells me it use to be $5.98 or something) then when the receivers prices went up they claim on one DVR free but it's like Iceberg said.

If you pay a fee for each DISH DVR, are you allowed to turn the DVR portion off from month to month and save the money when needed ?

If you pay a fee for each DISH DVR, are you allowed to turn the DVR portion off from month to month and save the money when needed ?

I wondered about that ...
Then again, supposivly, if you have D* and a HD recvr, you HAVE to have the "HD" on, thus paying for the HD fee ...
I think that changed when they started pushing the HD into peoples homes that don't have HD, but I remember there was a time that they said that was the case.

I know friends of mine have HD recvr and don't have HD service (no HD TV's and not interested)

Yes its 1 $6 DVR fee per account with DISH Network, but the DVR fee on the additional receivers are hidden away in higher additional receiver fee costs.

For example...

211 $7
311 $7
512 $10
612 $10
222 $14
322 $14
625 $17
622 $17
722 $17
922 $20

If there is only 1 DVR fee per account, why is it more to add a 722 receiver than a 222 receiver?

With Directv its $6 across the board! Any home with multiple DVR's, Directv beats Dish hands down on monthly price.

The additional receiver fees on Dish are enough to drive you up a wall

I wondered about that ...
Then again, supposivly, if you have D* and a HD recvr, you HAVE to have the "HD" on, thus paying for the HD fee ...
I think that changed when they started pushing the HD into peoples homes that don't have HD, but I remember there was a time that they said that was the case.

I know friends of mine have HD recvr and don't have HD service (no HD TV's and not interested)

There are local markets where you NEED a HD receiver to see the locals. HD access is not required (but you will still get the locals in HD just no other programming in HD)

There are local markets where you NEED a HD receiver to see the locals. HD access is not required (but you will still get the locals in HD just no other programming in HD)

Is Toledo, Ohio one of them ?

I'm gonna guess that they are and thats how my friends ended up with HR recvrs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)