DVR limit of 5 recordings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spensib

Original poster
May 15, 2004
I'm new to DTV. I have lots of questions. For now, I'm trying to find out how to limit a series recording to 5 shows. We watch lots of older TV that is only on re-runs. I'll use MASH as an example. MASH has 11 seasons. I would like to watch a mix of all the seasons and not be limited to let’s say season 10. So, I set the recorder to record all 11 seasons, all episodes, limit of 5 shows. I would assume (because my old provider’s DVR worked this way) that only 5 shows would record. However, I'm seeing 10, 12, 15 even more recordings. We have many shows recording this way and the DVR is recording 24/7. I tried to google this but I cannot get a detailed answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Go into the series settings. There you can set the number of recordings to keep, 1,2,3,4,5.10, or all. It will record more than that number, but only keep the number you have it set for. IOW, it will erase the last one and replace it with the new one unless it is set for all. In that case it won't erase any of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)