DVR percent meter issue

stevegd007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
San Deigo, Southern Calif.
OK I have had my 922 a few days and have recorded just 3 shows and 2 movies. An now the DVR percent usage meter is telling me "IN RED LETTERS" I have used over 200% of the hard drive....with 5 shows????? This is a new unit, what is up with this....should I be concerned. I can see NO way to manage the percent use other than deleting a show. With a 1TB hard drive should it fill up so quickly? Is something else going on here? I have reset the unit, using the red button, no change in the DVR percent use numbers. Any one have a idea?

OK I have had my 922 a few days and have recorded just 3 shows and 2 movies. An now the DVR percent usage meter is telling me "IN RED LETTERS" I have used over 200% of the hard drive....with 5 shows????? This is a new unit, what is up with this....should I be concerned. I can see NO way to manage the percent use other than deleting a show. With a 1TB hard drive should it fill up so quickly? Is something else going on here? I have reset the unit, using the red button, no change in the DVR percent use numbers. Any one have a idea?

I think this was the old S114 software? Its been fixed, it takes a few days to update...check and see what software your running.The latest is the S115

OK I checked on my software versions ....its S115 XAYD. HD for the DVR is now telling me I have used 210% of the hard drive. Huh?
Pull the plug for 30 seconds, plug it back in. This was an issue early on with the 922, this is the first report of this I've read in months though.

Ya....O.K. the unplug thing worked. Now my percent meter is back to something normal. Thanks for the help.
L.o.L one wonders if your car had a % meter for fuel. If you did a fuel up and now you have like 200% in your fuel tank...would be great..right. These techno things are weird....and nut up for no reason.
Anyway thanks.

This ishappening to my 922 also. SW 115. Resetting does not correct it. What's really strange, if I leave it alone, sometime during the day it corrects itself. Started about 2 weeks ago. Other than that, I seeno effect on operation

How long have you had your 922? It seems to take several days to begin to act normal. It took my 922 about 2 weeks to finally remain on my favorite list after a nightly update. Please let me know. Thanks.

This ishappening to my 922 also. SW 115. Resetting does not correct it. What's really strange, if I leave it alone, sometime during the day it corrects itself. Started about 2 weeks ago. Other than that, I seeno effect on operation

Ray,
My 922 was activated 10/6/2011 This message started occurring about 1 week later. Been getting, at least once a day, since then. Sometimes it lasts for 4-5 hours, sometimes 5 minutes. Resetting by 'red button' or pulling power plug does not remove message. It goes corrects itslf on it's on. I just ignore it, now, as I've not seen any effect on operation. That's not to say it doesn't, I just haven't seen it do so.
Hope this helps.

How long are you leaving the receiver unplugged? Is your receiver turned completely off at night (no lights lit except for BLUE Turbo HD on the front)? Do you have any timers set to record in the early mornings? These 2 conditions can prevent the receiver from updating. If not, I would need your receiver number PM'd to me so I can further research the problem. Thanks.

Receiver has been unplugged from 1 munte to a couple of hours. It is in 'standby' mode, overnight, no timers set for early morning. Message occurred, last night, after watching a movie recorded on EHD. Message disappeared 10 minutes later. I will send you a PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)