DVR Question - Choosing Tuners

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Can anyone please help?

I frequently find that when i want to one-time record a program and go to the timer's list to restore, I am unable to choose which program to restore and cancel over. Even though both tuners have a program of equal length adn start/end times. Is there any way to choose without have to go to the priority list and resort there?

In essence, i would like to record a program and if both tuners are occupied chose which one to cancel out. Also, is there an easy way to skip from tuner to tuner during live tv?

Thanks!
Darren

Can anyone please help?

I frequently find that when i want to one-time record a program and go to the timer's list to restore, I am unable to choose which program to restore and cancel over. Even though both tuners have a program of equal length adn start/end times. Is there any way to choose without have to go to the priority list and resort there?

In essence, i would like to record a program and if both tuners are occupied chose which one to cancel out. Also, is there an easy way to skip from tuner to tuner during live tv?

Thanks!
Darren

Menu/Daily Schedule...

I know that... thats not exactly what i want to do... the only thing i can do there is restore.. and then it just grabs the next one by priority.. I want to be able to one time a single program and say overwrite what is recording on either tuner 1 or tuner 2.

OR if there was a way to just SKIP an event, without it automatically going to the next one, and then chose what program I want in it's place. Doesnt seem like this is asking for much.. This is pretty standard on TIVO... and should be on any DVR on my honest opinion.

I dont want to have to go though the hastle of remembering what time the conflicts are, finding them in the list, and then moving a program's priority above that. After that, you then have to go back to the list and find the program, you DO want, and restore. Something so simple, made complicated. I just want to say record show A.. okay I got coflicts with B and C? Hrmm, dont care about C, override, like TIVO.

I know that... thats not exactly what i want to do... the only thing i can do there is restore..

No, you CAN SKIP as well, or even delete the time if you want. You need to highlight the show you want to manipulate. Everything you say you want to do can be done on Daily Schedule. Look a little closer.

when i say skip it doesnt allow me to chose which program to skip in favor of. I may need to skip 4 more programs to finally get down to the one I want. The thing always makes assumptions based on priority.

when i say skip it doesnt allow me to chose which program to skip in favor of. I may need to skip 4 more programs to finally get down to the one I want. The thing always makes assumptions based on priority.
How many overlapping events are you programming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)