DVR Question: Skip to the beginning

I find the following is a very big irritant to me. Maybe I am doing something wrong if someone can help out. I am new to Dish's DVRs. Lotsa times my wife and I will start watching a timer program while it is still recording. We do this so we don't have to contend with the commercials. But when we stop watching the recording for any reason, there is no way that I can figure out to keep it stopped at that point. When we come back to watch where we left off we have to start at the beginning or try to figure where we left off and have to fast forward to where we were. Charter's MOXI and their 3416 DVRs would let you watch from where it was stopped last. Does anyone know a way around this? It is really a pain in the ass for us. Thanks

ok - i'm only into dish and the 722 for just over a week but i've seen this same thing. i think it may be when you are watching a show from live tv (even tho its being recorded) itself. if you go to my recordings and start watching it from there and then pause i think it'll keep it's place. tho i may be wrong!
i know i've been flustered by this myself numerous times-

ok - i'm only into dish and the 722 for just over a week but i've seen this same thing. i think it may be when you are watching a show from live tv (even tho its being recorded) itself. if you go to my recordings and start watching it from there and then pause i think it'll keep it's place. tho i may be wrong!
i know i've been flustered by this myself numerous times-

Yes, the pause will work. But, we want to stop it for various reasons and when you go back to my recordings to continue to to watch it their is no resume. Have to start over.

i just tried it and you are correct - this is a huge bug and should be rectified! thanks for setting me straight!!

i just tried it and you are correct - this is a huge bug and should be rectified! thanks for setting me straight!!

There is several little things that Dish could copy from MOXI and Tivo that would make the VIP722 a superior DVR. I wonder if anybody knows a good email address to Dish for submitting suggestions to improve their products!

Easiest way is to click on search and type "Tivo Lawsuit." (By the way, I am not trying to be harsh with this reply. Was going to put a link to a thread, but there are so many that searching will allow you to pick which thread you want to see.)

Geoff:)

OK, thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts