This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DVR recording ?'s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

the_Drake

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Hey there. I am new to the DVR scene, having just had D* upgrade me to an HR20 for my new tv - all for 19.95 of course !

Anyway, I had audio problems with my first HR20, so i had it replaced. The first was a -100, and the replacement is a -700.

My questions: When you flip to a program and decide to start recording it, does it record from that instant or from the beginning of the show? I ask this because on my previous unit I could have sworn I would be able to record the entire program even if I flipped to it 20 minutes in, yet on the replacement this is not the case. I may have been mistaken, but is there a difference in the two models when it comes to recording? I can record an entire program if I hit the record button later in the show only if I am already on that channel. Thanks for clarification!

I had come across a thread that addressed this issue last week sometime, but have been unable to locate it, so I apologize for the redundancy. Thanks again!!

First off to the site !!!

Recording wise the units are identical.
The units have a 90 minute buffer on each tuner. ( it use to be 30 min)
IF you are on the channel you want to record already and decide to record it, it will record from 90 minutes back, if you turn to a channel, it erases the buffer from the previous channel and starts recording at the point you start watching it.

Hope this helps.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.