DVR Recoring Issues, two part question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
I have the hr-24 DVR's and I am having an issue with recording "first run shows". When I set up my DVR to record, I went to the series manager and set to record "first run only", not both or reruns. My DVR recorded some shows this past week and the original air date was several weeks ago or even a month ago. I went back into my settings to see if I made an error or maybe it did not save my choice but it is clearly saved to record "first run only".

My other question is in the guide under info, is there a cose or description to show if the show is "new" or a "rerun"?

Thank you for your help.

I have the hr-24 DVR's and I am having an issue with recording "first run shows". When I set up my DVR to record, I went to the series manager and set to record "first run only", not both or reruns. My DVR recorded some shows this past week and the original air date was several weeks ago or even a month ago. I went back into my settings to see if I made an error or maybe it did not save my choice but it is clearly saved to record "first run only".

My other question is in the guide under info, is there a cose or description to show if the show is "new" or a "rerun"?

Thank you for your help.
This has been a known issue. Its not just the HR24, My HR23 has done this since day one, as does my Owned HR20, My R15 and R16.

Now get ready for the 5 posts that will follow " With My HR works fine"

As for your second question, I think thats Why the First run doesn't work correctly.

The HR's are the only one that show the release dates, and not all the time.
The R's don't even show you the release dates or even let you know if its a first run.

Never had this issue with the VIP receivers from E*.

Why , Because the Guide always give the release date and says "First Run".

Now again get ready for it!!

My HR works fine :)

In all seriousness, yep its a issue they have though I have noticed it appears to not happen with the HR 24....to much

My HR works fine :)

In all seriousness, yep its a issue they have though I have noticed it appears to not happen with the HR 24....to much
I will admit the HR's have gotten better then they were with this issue.

I'll give you an example.

The HR's used to record Multiple recordings on First Run setting , 2 or 3 of the same , and sometimes it still wouldn't be the New Episode.

Now it will record only 1 , But still sometimes won't be the New one.

The HR's Brain isn't that smart, to know what First run, or what the date is if its not told in the guide.
I think thats where the problem stems from. The Guide!

Your Best bet is Check the guide yourself, and just manually record it yourself.

ONCE AGAIN.... this info has to be Correct from the people that build the guide info and as we all know, that is NOT D*.

ONCE AGAIN.... this info has to be Correct from the people that build the guide info and as we all know, that is NOT D*.
Maybe they should hire the people that do VIP's and Blue Ridge Cable's SA because they don't have this problem.

So with that in mind D* is just as much at fault as the Guide people.

With just a few clicks I can already find shows with no release dates on my HR, but the same channels and shows have the release dates with the Scientific Atlanta box.

So who's fault is that?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts