Disappearing data from movie info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

grb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Southern CA
I have had D* only since 1/24/11, but on at least 3 occasions I have noticed that the movie ratings (1-5 stars) have disappeared for hours from the movie information (info button while in program guide). This data is normally found to the right of the movie year on the info screen. I have called tech support twice and was told that if that info is available it is shown. I replied that I guess no one has reviewed the Harry Potter movies or Chicago yet, because they have no ratings. His response was a repetition of his original statement. The other tech said he didn't know the movies even had a rating in the system. These responses were reminiscent of my years with E*.

Has anyone else noticed this? Funny thing is the ratings not only disappear from the program guide -- they disappear from listed movies already recorded in my playlist as well.

Just asking, but do you really use user ratings? I never noticed them to be honest.

I must be the only one that uses them -- the tech guys didn't know they exist either.

I use them as a guide to the quality of a movie before I decide to watch or record it. Granted, it is a subjective opinion by ?, but I have found them to be a pretty good indicator if is worth watching. The rating is from one star to five stars. Any movie I have started to watch that had only one star was pretty bad. As a general rule, I will record or watch only movies with at least 2 1/2 stars. So generally, it just helps me sort through all the available movies while I have the 3 months free premiums. It is something D* provides, so I just thought someone there should be able to explain their occasional disappearance...

I hadn't realized it was missing ...
That said, I looked at it when it first came online to see what it was about and haven't looked at it since.
At first I thought you were talking about the addl. Indo D* gives you about most shows, such as Cast and other shows people are in and such .... That I really like.

Maybe D* found not enough people were using it and removed it ?

I hadn't realized it was missing ...
That said, I looked at it when it first came online to see what it was about and haven't looked at it since.
At first I thought you were talking about the addl. Indo D* gives you about most shows, such as Cast and other shows people are in and such .... That I really like.

Maybe D* found not enough people were using it and removed it ?

No, it is there most of the time -- just missing for several hours on some occasions. Maybe when they update for the movies that don't have ratings, they remove everything and paste it back in after their updates are complete.

I agree that the info on cast, etc. is really good. Some of the shows that I watch regularly (House, Fringe, etc.) show the cast in the beginning, but I never knew who was played by whom in the program. And all that information is available right at your fingertips on the DVR. That is cool...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts