Receiver question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

csabec

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
UP of Michigan
In the last week I've been dealing with a receiver not connecting the internet. Today I was told that a replacement receiver would be sent out. When I asked them if it would be the same model they said it might not be, it would be what ever they had in stock at the time. Can I expect a older receiver then the one I already have? I have a HR22-100 currently.

Never know, but Id bet you'll get another HR22. I have seen folks get a HR20, which would piss me off considering the HDD space is smaller.

I did get a email from them saying it was shipped but no other information was given in the email.

YOUR EQUIPMENT SELECTION
6K_blue_bar_cap_rt.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
1 DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR $0.00
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Equipment Total $0.00
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
ADDITIONAL
6K_blue_bar_cap_rt.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Installation Fee $0.00
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Delivery & Handling Fee $0.00
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Tax $0.00
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Order Total Paid* $0.00
spacer.gif

hey you never know...you might get a HR24 ;)

think positive :)
I had a R15 die on me and D8 sent me a R22 which is a kick ass receiver. Much better than the POS R15 ;)

Never know, but Id bet you'll get another HR22. I have seen folks get a HR20, which would piss me off considering the HDD space is smaller.

Funny, I'd much rather have an HR20 than an HR22. It's a better box and it does ota. The size of the hard drive is a moot point to me since I use external hard drives.

If I HAVE a HR20-700 and need it replaced, I BETTER get a HR20-700 back...
Seeing one has OTA capabilities and the other doesn't.

I did get the tracking information today, but there is still no other information. I will post an update tomorrow when it arrives, or as FedEx says Thursday. Thanks for the input. Crossing my fingers!

The HR22 may very well be the worst of the HD/DVR's
However, it is the best Standard DVR (R22).
If I was going to add a SD/DVR to my bill, it would be an R22 hands down.

That being said, it really does not matter what you get as they really all deliver advantages and disadvantages.
Sure the HR20 is ugly and has a small hard drive but people seem to like it better and although I could care less about an OTA, some like it a lot.
Other DVR's look better (who cares though right?) and have larger hard drives. However, some find them to be slow.

Now when it comes to the one that has it all, the HR24 is it.
Looks fantastic, faster then them all and 500gb hard drive.
Ok, so it doesn't have an OTA but if that is a huge deal then get an AM21.

I highly doubt you will see the HR24 though unless you pray really hard to the receiver gods.
But you never know. ;)

However, it is the best Standard DVR (R22).
If I was going to add a SD/DVR to my bill, it would be an R22 hands down.
agreed. Have 2 of them and when I upgraded to HD it only cost me $100 and I ended up in essence with 2 HD DVR's :)
They delivered a H23 and the R22's got HD turned on at that time

That where your wrong HR20s unless they are brand new out of box dont always have a smaller hd then a hr22.

Alot of HR20 /21 have larger hds in them now just do to supply and demand issues and since it all sata when it comes to refurbing them they tend to use the same hd size and brand My hr20 has a 750 gig drive in it from the factory it was a refurb.

Got the replacement receiver on Thursday and it was an HR22, after calling and getting it setup then I was up and running and after the second time trying to connect to the internet I was on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts