DVR schedule disappeared plus one other question

Dacar92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
chicago
Hi guys,

Suddenly the schedule of shows to be recorded has disappeared except for the 1st priority show timer. There is nothing else showing up on the schedule and there are usually a few to record each day. All timers are still there in the Timers section. They are showing up as valid timers but yet nothing is scheduled to record. I added a few timers for some shows we wanted for today and they worked. But the older timers are not being scheduled to record. This is a HD VIP722K dual channel DVR. Any ideas on that?

Second question is this: when it schedules a show to record, sometimes it will record a duplicate show on another channel. Some channels are duplicated up in the 9000 range and it will want to record both. How can I make it record only one version of a show?

Thanks in advance.

Same problem here. Ours is a plain 722 - all timers except 1st in priority list missing from schedule. Smells like DST issue to me. All timers present and worked last night before bed. Wake up today, gone.

Rebooted - nada. Check switch ran to force guide update, nada.

Same problem here... rebooted and zippo...nadda.... figure I'll have to manually set the timers for tonight and give it time to work itself out

Spoke to Dish:Chat

chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): Hi, my name is Brian (ID: VPP). How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: Hi Brian
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): Hi Dave, how are you?
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: I am good thanks. My DVR VIP722K has nothing showing up in the scheduled shows to be recorded, except for priority number 1
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: All times are still there showing as valid timers but nothing is scheduled to be recorded
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): I’m sorry to hear that you are facing an issue with the DVR. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): Please give me a moment to access your account.
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: thanks
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): Thank you.
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): Thank you for your patience.
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): Check that the Timer was created as intended.
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: all timers have worked up until today.
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: Could be a daylight savings thing? I know others who have hjad issues today as well
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): On proper timer setup, such as frequency and timer type.
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: Brian, they all worked up until today. all were set up correctly months ago
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): We need to reset your receiver. Please unplug your receiver from the power outlet, leave it unplugged for 10 seconds, and then plug it back in. Please let me know when the DISH start up screen appears. This reset process should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: did that already
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): I see.
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: I am aware of 2 other people with the same issue today
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): Okay.
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: Like I said could if be a daylight savings issue?
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): No, it's should not.
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): I will send your request to our concern department.
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): Please allow 24-48 hours for the changes to take effect.

chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: ok
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: what are you going to tell them?
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): They can check this conversation, not to worry.
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): Do you have any other questions for me?
chat_enduser_message.png
Dave: no thanks
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): You can view your current programming package or make programming changes(upgrade/downgrade) online at www.mydish.com under ‘My Programming’.
chat_agent.png
Brian (ID: VPP): I am so glad we were able to take care of your questions and concerns today. Thank you for using DISH Chat and have a wonderful day!
chat_alert.png
Brian (ID: VPP) has disconnected.

Last edited:
Same problem here. Ours is a plain 722 - all timers except 1st in priority list missing from schedule. Smells like DST issue to me. All timers present and worked last night before bed. Wake up today, gone.

Rebooted - nada. Check switch ran to force guide update, nada.

Update: Our timers all appear to have come back on their own. Took about 30 mins after reboot/check switch/guide download. Will keep an eye on tonight's timers to make sure they fire correctly.

Hopefully this info helps anyone with similar issue.

Try putting the hopper and joeys into stand, powered off, for twenty minutes and that should fix it. If you have an older VIP box, put both tuners into standby and wait 20 minutes. After this, check the daily schedule.

The schedule came back on it's own the following evening. However I haven't heard back from the "Concern" dept at Dish. They said 24-48 hours so we'll see what happens. It's been 48 now.

Anyone have any ideas on my other question from the first post in this thread?

"Second question is this: when it schedules a show to record, sometimes it will record a duplicate show on another channel. Some channels are duplicated up in the 9000 range and it will want to record both. How can I make it record only one version of a show?"

This is easy to see ona channel like WGN TV that is on channel 9, 239, 8xxx and 9xxx. It wants to record each of these. Sometimes it "knows" and only records one but it usually choose the highest channel number. I'd prefer it to choose the "real" channel number.

if the timers were for shows on Spike, TruTV, and Nuvo, then those channels move to their new locations on channels 241, 242 and 243. so now you will get an "this channel has moved" message on channels 167, 168 and 204. so those records are canceled on 167, 168 and 204. so you will have to replace the timers of your records of shows on those three channels.

No, not spike. I said WGN and for baseball games. WGN is on several channels. The DVR wants to record the same game, on the same day, at the same time on 2 or 3 of them How can I make it record a game only once?

You can use the Locks menu to lock out any channels you don't want to appear on your guide listings.

1. Press the "Menu" button, then select "5" Locks.
2. If system is not locked, the "Locks" submenu appears. Select "2" Channel Locks.
3. Select all the channels you don't want to appear in program guide. I lock out all duplicate channels, PPV, shopping, plus all the channels I am not subscribed to--lockout whatever you never want to see again.
4. After you are done selecting channels to lock out, you need to select "3" Lock System, then enter a 4 digit password twice to lock the system and lockout the channels you selected in the previous step. I use "1234" (easy to remember). If you intend to restrict access from some family members, you will want a 4 digit password that you can remember, but not easily solved by someone else.

If you already have recordings from locked out channels, you will need to enter the password to watch those recordings. Check your timers. Locked out channels will not record. Your searches will be a lot cleaner once you lock out duplicate channels and channels you are not subscribed to.

Awesome. I'll give that a try. I realize I could just set the timer for one channel,. but the problem is that my baseball team (Cubs) games are on any one of 3 or 4 different channels. So my timer says "MLB: Cubs" on any channel. Thanks for the tip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)