DVR schedule warning Battlestar Galactica

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
I was reviewing my scheduled timers for the week and noticed it wasn't set for Fri at 10. I still have the timer for previous episodes of BSG set for new only. It shows tons of skipped timers all week up to Fri. at 9pm. Don't know why but it doesn't show the new episode at 10pm at all not skipped or anything. I don't understand why? Usually, new season shows are ok for me ie... The Ultimate Fighter and My Name is Earl.
So if you are counting on and old timer I would double check.

Same thing happened to me, Spatch. I had to double check that it was 4/4 that the new BSG starts up. I'm hopeful this might have changed before the actual airing. I know that many times the descriptions (and stating if it is new or not) update as it gets closer to the event. That often happens to shows like Saturday Night Live.

Same thing happened to me, Spatch. I had to double check that it was 4/4 that the new BSG starts up. I'm hopeful this might have changed before the actual airing. I know that many times the descriptions (and stating if it is new or not) update as it gets closer to the event. That often happens to shows like Saturday Night Live.

I was hoping the same thing. I did create a one time timer just to be on the safe side. I'll keep an eye on it throughout the week as I won't be home on Friday to make sure it records. Thanks for the "heads up" Spatch!!!

For whatever reason, the (hidden) Program ID that the DVR uses has changed for the new season. Dunno why.

If you notice, your new timer (assuming you made a new "New Episodes" timer) doesn't show any of the repeat episodes leading up to the 4/4 premiere.

For whatever reason, the (hidden) Program ID that the DVR uses has changed for the new season. Dunno why.

If you notice, your new timer (assuming you made a new "New Episodes" timer) doesn't show any of the repeat episodes leading up to the 4/4 premiere.

Interesting! Kinda makes you want to "redo" your timers that are set-up between seasons. I need to do alot of cleanup on mine anyway.:)

I think (ok, hope) this was a fluke; I don't remember this ever happening before. My timers have always made the transition to a show's new season without issue.

I think the problem is that each timer can only handle 50 events at any one time (including skipped events). With all of the re-runs this week, the event buffer is full. I noticed that when I looked at my Galactica timer events over the weekend, the total number of events was always 50, but the last event was creeping slowly towards this Friday. If I calculated correctly, after today's re-runs have aired, the new episode timer should show up. (but I could be wrong)

Thanks for the warning! I hadn't got around to checking my recordings as far as Friday yet, but last week I had to go through the entire week and delete all the BSG re-runs that it had decided were new. (Not the first time something like that has happened, and for some reason it usually seems to happen on the Sci-Fi channel)

I checked mine last night and it was messed up again. Screw it I set a manual timer for the first episode. Don't think there will be a problem after the marathon clears.

It should be correct today. There must be a limit to the number of events it looks at. Since a days worth of the marathon is passed, it picked up the rest of Fridays BSG. I saw this happen once with Stargate SG1 once as well.

Last edited:
I've found that this problem occurs with LESS than 50 events per timer. I have had to make two timers for the same show (Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmare) because the timer will only catch about half of the episodes. The second timer then caught the remaining episodes. This has happened with a few other TV shows. I noticed this was also the case with the TV show Dirt. The timer did not enter several showings of that show. I didn't bother making a 2nd timer. Then a week ago, I notice that the one timer seems to be catching all instances of Dirt. I believe there is a real bug here, and it should be fixed as I, and others, have missed episodes because of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)