This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DVR Scheduler reaches 1 Million uses

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
D* Press Release, the DVR Scheduler via web has hit 1 Million recordings, pretty impressive for a fairly new tool:

I just got up and running yesterday, and I have already used it! my wife called said she had errands to run and wanted to record a news show...which normally means I have to run home on lunch, or she run out of her way to do it...but not anymore, its great the first full day of service and I found a need for it!

I use the search on the mobile version, works great. The search on the desktop version is weak, it searches the entire directv.com web site and then has programs on the bottom of the results.

I noticed the NBC HD Shows on demand the other day,,, tempting... I rarely use the scheduler, but it works pretty good when I have...

Ahh...the NBC shows are 99c for Sd, 1.99 for HD, and only a 24 hour view from the start / purchase. I'd hold off for the reruns, or rent the DVDs...

The scheduler is awesome, I use it almost daily.

But I still have trouble with the TVPLANNER, all it does is give me the hour glass, and the the browser times out.

Anyone else still getting that?

I have no trouble with the "normal" DVR scheduler and have been using it for months. But I have been having trouble with the "on demand" feature. The on-demand feature accepts the program I want to record but when the request gets to my receiver I see the following message: "remote recording failed the program is no longer available (3010)". Which is strange since the program can be selected from the on-demand menu of the receiver itself. Anyone else have this problem? I have called Direct TV and escalated the problem but I have not received a reply yet.

I use the search on the mobile version, works great. The search on the desktop version is weak, it searches the entire directv.com web site and then has programs on the bottom of the results.
Thanks for the tip. Didn't realize the website search would find programs so I never really tried. Tried it today and found the shows I was looking for. It would be better if there was a search for just for the scheduler but works for what I want. You learn something new each day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.