DVR Scheduling from Net?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chilehound

Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Hello-

I havn't yet decided on Directv or Dish Network to subscribe to. My BIL was telling me I need a series 2 DVR if I get Directv. He said with it I could schedule my home DVR to record a show from the internet. Then he stated I could then download the show to my computer.

Please tell me more!!!

Thanks for your help!

Yes, you can go on Tivo's website and scheldule a program and with a little bit of hacking you can also get video from the unit to your computer.

I can schedule, control and watch my Dish Network ViP622 over the Internet

(using my SlingBox of course) - this is another alternative for you to consider.

jonaswan2 said:
Yes, you can go on Tivo's website and scheldule a program and with a little bit of hacking you can also get video from the unit to your computer.

Sorry, but with a DirecTV Tivo you can't schedule via Tivo's website. You will have to set it up manually. A site like no-ip.com can get you a web address for free and have your router set up properly for it to work. If you don't have static IP's you will need to have your ip updated regularly for it to work.

You will have to hack the software. The Zipper script from Tivocommunity is extremely easy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)