DVR Timers - Reaction to Time Change

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
How will DVR timers react to tonight's time change to Daylight Saving Time, which occurs at 2am? How will the following "behave"?

I set a timer for a 2-hour movie which starts at 1am?

A timer set for anything at any length at 2am?

Thanks,
Eric

They will all be okay after the download tonight... At least, they usually are.

I would extend the timer of the movie by an hour just in case and change your update time to around 5am, so you make sure to get the correct time & guide info.

How can you tell when your receiver got an update? Is there somewhere to look in the menu or settings?

He did not say an "update", he said "download", meaning the daily download of the Program Guide.

If tomorrow you have Guide information for Monday evening, then your receiver successfully received the daily download of the Program Guide.

It looks worrysome to me that there are programs listed at 2 and 2:30AM. If it went from 1:30AM then 3:00AM instead of 2:00AM, it would be much easier to digest. But there are shows in there. What happens to all of that?

The reverse is true in the fall but I never had to record anything right at that time. Here you would think stuff just got crushed right out. OUCH.

If you look closely, everything after 3am in the guide is "an hour off of when it should be" but this will magically correct itself when the box jumps an hour ahead.

I had something recording from 1 AM to 2 AM and then something else scheduled to start at 2 AM. I also had the guide open when it turned 2 AM. I saw the time in the guide change to 3 AM, the receiver made a spinning noise and I was frozen in the guide, though the program I had on was still running like normal. I had to reboot.

I recorded 2 mythbusters from 2003 at the time of 2am. I only record the new shows of mythbusters. so I was surprised to see 2 2003 mythbusters recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)