dvr upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cincyray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
Reading Pa
Hello all i ahve a question for some of you gurus. First i had a 771 error in one of the rooms of a 4 room hookup. Tech came out fixed that room but hours later i found out my sons room upstairs now has that same error. Tech never called back so i had to go through d to set up another service call. Thats all set then i asked about upgrading to the hd dvr and to see if i cpuld get at the $99 since ive been here about a month she said that she could take off $50 onthe $199 price all is good. Then she said since im still a new customer there is a $50 charge sh charge to so she said the total price was $248. I could go to best buy and get it for $199. She said there would still be a $50 charge because of this new customer status. I s this accurate or what. Thanks for any replyies.

I remember reading a similar post in the last few weeks. I was not aware of this policy before that, but I believe the post indicated there is a charge for changes to new customers within the first couple months. I would post a link, but I don't remember what post it would have been.

I'm sure someone here can comment, because there were multiple responses if I remember right. You might want to change the thread title (if you can) to more closely reflect the question to see if you can get some responses.

Sorry I couldn't provide more detail, but the moral of the story is that I've read of such a policy on this forum. 2 months sticks in my head - but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the response Scottie. That would blow if i had to pay an extra charge to upgrade. Witch i wont do. I would already be sending more to Direct for just leasing the damn thing. Im not paying a penalty for being a new customer. Man i hate this nickel and dime crap its the same everywere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)