tmasters2876

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
I have an 18" Round dish with Dual LNB Output
Both lines are going to a 3X8 Multiswitch
Outputs 1 and 2 go to the living room DVR
Outputs 3 go to a standard recevier.

I'd like to replace the standard receiver with a DVR, but do not want to run a second cable to this box. Can I use a splitter/joiner for the single line on the switch and then on the receiver side to make two signals for the two tuners to work right?

Thanks

I beleive you need the SWM (single wire multiswitch). I have a SWM8, ran all 4 cables from my Slimline to it, the one wire to the HDDVR. When using a SWM, you can split the cable with proper splitters.

I beleive you need the SWM (single wire multiswitch). I have a SWM8, ran all 4 cables from my Slimline to it, the one wire to the HDDVR. When using a SWM, you can split the cable with proper splitters.

Provided his other DVR would support that, or if he gets the SWM Switch and not SWM LNB. This is something the OP would probably have to do himself, since he's not using a HD-DVR but only a SD DVR.

If the OP only needs the 101 satellite and isn't interested in getting HD any time soon, he could go old school and use a stacker to combine the two lines from the dish and then at the receiver use a destacker.

Status
Please reply by conversation.