DVR1100c self-changes Timer-Record Entry

RichardT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
I had set a Timer Recording for April 20 10:00 on channel 804, Hope Church Channel, duration 5 hours. When I checked to confirm a few minutes before the recording time, the dvr was set to channel 1, understandable because of the Monday night update, but the Timer recording entry was set to channel 107, start time 00:00, duration 00:30. That was the only Timer entry.

Where did the 107 entry come from? What happened to the 804 entry that I had entered? Is there a way to "lock" a timer entry so that it can perform as entered? Does the Monday night Update also update the Timer Recording entries? Kind of unsettling.

The move of the Hope Church Church Channel from satellite AMC4 to Galaxy19 in last weeks channel list update may have affected your timer if the receiver was operating on old firmware. If you have been using a recent version of firmware (last 8 months) loss or resetting of timers is not possible. Verify in the System Information Menu screen that your receiver is running version GS3.28. If not, perform an OTA Update Now. We may also suggest that you perform a Factory Default (reset) to make sure that the receiver is completely updated and operating under current firmware/software.

The timers are located in a portion of the memory that is untouched during auto or manual updating. The only way timers can be modified or eliminated is when a Factory Default (reset) is performed.

If this issue can be duplicated, please contact our support department with the details.

Thanks for the response. I ran a Factory Reset, just to be sure. The version is exactly the same as before the reset: SW: GS 03.28 (Mar 07) Data ver: 01.36 HW ver: 1:00

. The only way timers can be modified or eliminated is when a Factory Default (reset) is performed.

How do I tell that to the machine? If the recording goes by the channel name and the satellite was changed, the recording should have followed the change; if it goes by the satellite assigned at the time the timer entry was entered, I should still have gotten the recording from the AMC4 setting (as we did at the church). The only reason I can see for the recording to fail is if the program changed to a satellite not received by GloryStar and was discontinued on the original satellite.

The dvr has earned my distrust. It may work if one babysits it closely enough.

I DO appreciate the help you have given, to me, and to the multiplied others who come with our questions, problems, (and gripes?).

How do I tell that to the machine? If the recording goes by the channel name and the satellite was changed, the recording should have followed the change; if it goes by the satellite assigned at the time the timer entry was entered, I should still have gotten the recording from the AMC4 setting (as we did at the church).

On the surface your observation would seem to make perfect sense..... Timers appear to an end user as to only reference channel names or the channel placement number that we assign, but there are data identifiers that the average end user is not aware of which the the timers reference for identification for each channel.

Glorystar is unlike Dish Network, DirecTV and other DTH providers who have complete control over the uplink parameters and can control critical channel data identifiers that have affected your timer. Glorystar aggregates channels from five different uplinkers.

The Hope Church channel changed from uplinking themselves to a 3rd party uplinker and the channel data PIDs were changed by the new uplinker.

Performing the Factory reset has cleared your old timers of possible conflicting data and now you should be able to record on new timer settings without error. Unfortunately, this change was beyond Glorystar's control and scope of operational decisions by the channel. Sometimes we just have to roll with their independent decisions. Luckily this doesn't happen too often!