DVR625 questions

If you are in Dual Mode and press record for a show that is currently showing it will always give you the choice of which tuner you would like to record to unless something else is scheduled to start recording within the timeframe for that show.

yep I understand.

I guess we'll just play with it and see how many days before he blows it up.

I told my dad "This button (watch TV) gets you out of pretty much anything you screw up" :)

Make sure you know how to get your Dad's TV to the right channel/input so he
can watch TV from the satellite receiver. When the TV input gets switched pushing
the (watch TV) button doesn't help. My biggest problem is when I get a call from
the in-laws saying "we pushed some buttons on the remote and now we can't watch
TV". I know they got the TV switched off the right input but I can't remember how
to talk them through switching inputs on their TV.

Mark

Make sure you know how to get your Dad's TV to the right channel/input so he
can watch TV from the satellite receiver. When the TV input gets switched pushing
the (watch TV) button doesn't help. My biggest problem is when I get a call from
the in-laws saying "we pushed some buttons on the remote and now we can't watch
TV". I know they got the TV switched off the right input but I can't remember how
to talk them through switching inputs on their TV.

Mark

If you set up their inputs,then you would want to lock out everything but the active inputs on the TV(which I did).The way I tell my in-laws is press the satellite button on top,the satellite receiver should come on,now press the TV button on top,then press page up or page down until they see a picture,once they see a picture,press the satellite button again on top of the remote control,your done;)

The 625 is set up so TV1 is to svideo/avplugs. He knows how to cycle through the video inputs for the DVD player

I combined tuner 1 and 2 output to an old channel 3 combiner so on the TV in the kitchen he can flip between TV1 (3) and TV2 (60) outputs

The TV in the garage is only set to 60 with no way of changing off of that (disabled the front panel sans power button) :) But with winter coming soon and the camaro being put away for the year I'll probably set it for the single mode.

I talked ot him today and asked if he screwed it up yet...I got a smartalecky "no"...but even though I had the mentalist recorded on the DVD he still recorded it via VHS "just in case" :rolleyes:

If you are in Dual Mode and press record for a show that is currently showing it will always give you the choice of which tuner you would like to record to unless something else is scheduled to start recording within the timeframe for that show.

I tried it today when I was there and you're right....but the print for it is so small I didnt notice it the 1st time

its like tuner 1 2
and then below it
OK DETAILS

I have to give him credit. I mentioned coming over to show him how to set up timers and he said "already did it".
Checked them and it shows the CBS stuff tomorrow and next Monday to record and stuff on Thursday :)

so my cheat card worked then :)

But I do have one other question....receiver is in dual mode and we have 2 things to record tomorrow. The CBS stuff (showing to record on tuner 2) and Dancing with the starts on Tuner 1. Now I know tuner 1 can watch DWTS but can it switch to CBS and see that program too? Or when you're recording on tuner 1 you can't change the channel?
Or should I change it to single mode then it would work?

I have to give him credit. I mentioned coming over to show him how to set up timers and he said "already did it".
Checked them and it shows the CBS stuff tomorrow and next Monday to record and stuff on Thursday :)

so my cheat card worked then :)

But I do have one other question....receiver is in dual mode and we have 2 things to record tomorrow. The CBS stuff (showing to record on tuner 2) and Dancing with the starts on Tuner 1. Now I know tuner 1 can watch DWTS but can it switch to CBS and see that program too? Or when you're recording on tuner 1 you can't change the channel?
Or should I change it to single mode then it would work?

Single Mode.To be honest I have not tried to record in Dual Mode with my 625 because:

1.Single Mode PIP is active.
2.Single Mode Split Screen is active view both programs at the same time.(press Position button on remote.)
3.In Single Mode you can view either program being recorded at the same time.(Press Swap button)
:)

Last edited:
Yeah I'll probably put it in single mode next time I go over there...with the colder weather coming TV2 wont be used much if at all. I dont think the blue power button has been on the receiver since Thursday when I hooked up the receiver then turned it off ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)