E* billing issue

stew119

Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
I hope this is the right place to post this.

I need help. A few years ago I signed up with dish though a third party and had absolutely no complaints. After a couple years I had to cancel because money was tight and they were a luxery. They sent me a box for a third receiver I was leasing from them and the LNB. (Yes, I sent back the correct box and they show it has been received.) I have receipts that show I own the other two boxes. Well I have been going back and forth with dish on this. Each time they agree that I own the equipment and will take the charges off my account. For well over a year I kept getting calls from them every month asking for the money for the two boxes I already payed for. I would email a rep at ceo@e*.com that always assured me that this was taken care of. Knowing that I will never use the old boxes I sent them back (eventhough I payed good money for them) hoping to resolve the issue. It has been a couple months, and now I get another collections call from CBE.

Where can I go from here?

Write a letter to CBE stating your case and include any documentation you have. E* will then have 30 days to contest your side of the story.

This has to be done in writing.

Probably wouldn't hurt to shoot off another email to ceo@echostar.com and ask why they submitted this to collection after telling you it would be cleared up and credited back to your account.

Dish did the same to me also, I just stopped my service not to long ago to save some money each month and they sent me a box and i sent the receiver back and then after a few weeks i get a bill for $742 and kept getting phone calls from Dish saying i owe them money for service and equipment so i give them the tracking # and they said ok i see it was delivered to us so they said it would be credited to my account, So 2 more weeks go buy and i get a call from collections company saying that i owe money to Dish and i told them it was not so, they told me to call Dish & Dish said i needed to handle it with the collections company so it got me nowhere so i gave all the info to my lawyer and he took care of it with one phone call to both collections company and dish the next day i look on my account and it shows zero owed now and the collections company called and said sorry that they were contacted by Dish as debt was a mistake and to stop collections. So i wish you the best of luck as i got nowhere with them till my lawyer fixed it for me.

Probably wouldn't hurt to shoot off another email to ceo@echostar.com and ask why they submitted this to collection after telling you it would be cleared up and credited back to your account.

Probably wouldn't help either. CSRs can't speaking on issues of collections, which is retarded because they open their mouthes and provide misinformation on far more important things...

Probably wouldn't help either. CSRs can't speaking on issues of collections, which is retarded because they open their mouthes and provide misinformation on far more important things...

I see this as a big problem. Any consequences to these csrs that do this?? How easy or how hard can a supervisor catch a csr making a mishap in their statement to a sub??

Dish did the same to me also, I just stopped my service not to long ago to save some money each month and they sent me a box and i sent the receiver back and then after a few weeks i get a bill for $742 and kept getting phone calls from Dish saying i owe them money for service and equipment so i give them the tracking # and they said ok i see it was delivered to us so they said it would be credited to my account, So 2 more weeks go buy and i get a call from collections company saying that i owe money to Dish and i told them it was not so, they told me to call Dish & Dish said i needed to handle it with the collections company so it got me nowhere so i gave all the info to my lawyer and he took care of it with one phone call to both collections company and dish the next day i look on my account and it shows zero owed now and the collections company called and said sorry that they were contacted by Dish as debt was a mistake and to stop collections. So i wish you the best of luck as i got nowhere with them till my lawyer fixed it for me.

No need spending money on a lawyer unless the letter to CBE fails to work. After you send the letter follow up with CBE to make sure the got it.

There should be some recourse for these people in the form of a small civil lawsuit. I'll bet E* would straighten out their internal miscommunications pretty quickly after a few judgements. Overkill you say? I don't think so since these companies can screw up your credit rating all due to their ineptitude and I think these constant calls from E* and collections agencies could constitute harrasment.

There should be some recourse for these people in the form of a small civil lawsuit. I'll bet E* would straighten out their internal miscommunications pretty quickly after a few judgements. Overkill you say? I don't think so since these companies can screw up your credit rating all due to their ineptitude and I think these constant calls from E* and collections agencies could constitute harrasment.

Why lawsuit? Lawsuits aren't the answer to everything. There's way too many of them as it is.

If the OP uses the letter method and it is resolved this will be wiped completely from his credit record.

Thank you to everyone for your help.

No need spending money on a lawyer unless the letter to CBE fails to work. After you send the letter follow up with CBE to make sure the got it.

I will be sending the dispute letter today requiring proof of receipt and if I have to go the lawyer route I have plenty in my wifes family to choose from. I do not like to ask them for legal favors, but I may make an exception for sending a letter.

Thank you to everyone for your help.

I will be sending the dispute letter today requiring proof of receipt and if I have to go the lawyer route I have plenty in my wifes family to choose from. I do not like to ask them for legal favors, but I may make an exception for sending a letter.

If no fees are involved, then by all mean get some help on wording the letter.

It's really too bad when a company screws up and we're supposed to get legal
assistance to fix their mistakes - lawyers can be very effective and also very
expensive ( my cousin the lawyer died 3 years ago from metastasized breast
cancer at 56) -
Maybe it's a good you sent back your owned receivers as you will
likely never purchase dish network services again (but ridiculous you
are still charged their non applicable fees for equipment....)

Peter in Iowa

(Charlie says "what state is that lousy Peter guy from?)

I agree you don't have to spend any money with a lawyer and i my case i did"nt spend any money as my lawyer is on my golf league and does some things for free since it was just a phone call he took care of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts