E* customer service reps are rude.

mattb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Columbus, OH, USA
E* customer service reps are rude. + holding my lifetime skyangel account at ransom.

I put my E* account (Dish net + life time skyangel sub) on vacation hold in 2003 because I could not put up a dish at my old place due to LOS and landlord, anyways, i had the account in hold until Jul 2004 when i attempted to do a change of address and E* closed my account.

Anyways, I decided to put the 61.5 dish up at my new place so I could watch skyangel again because after all I paid 300+ for a life time membership in 2001 I should get it right?

Well when E* decided to cancel my account (on their own will not mine) for being in vacation mode since 2003 they took skyangel's programming with them...

Oh yeah and they say I have to pay them 25$ if I want to use my smartcard/receiver with them again.

The first rep told me they only allow you in vacatino mode for 6 months max, yet they apperently let me pay the 5.30 $ a month well over a year (from december 2002 when my year commitment (that i could not use and they would not get me out of of) ended. and now they are holding my skyangel sub at ransom saying I cant have it back unless I reactivate Dish programming and pay the 25$ fee.

Needless to say I can see why many are not thrilled with E*s support..

I did get a rep that was wiling to wave the 25$ fee if I took AT180 (I had AT150 + Supers) + life time skyangel before putting my account on vacation hold in Dec 2002.

Sucks to be me eh? Skyangel isnt in their offices today, hopefully they can badger E* into giving me my lifetime membership back... I cant put up a dish for 110/119 right now so trying to force me into taking AT180+ supers again to clear my account is JUST WRONG!

So all I get now is the abilty to by one ppv on a channel and the international preview channel, my skyangel channels which still show up tell me I need to get my smart card authorized to view them.

Whoa now skyangel is coming thru plus the few PI channels that show up on 61.5, Wonder if one of those reps did somethign with my account? or do cards sometimes remeber old data at some point? until their rehit? its weird that my card was saying "this card is not authorized" I had been watching the "info channel about the foriegn channels" (580) since thats all I could get, and decided to hit the up button!

Im still gonna give Skyangel a call tomarrow (when their back in) so i can get my E* account properly cleared since E* wont help me with my life time skyangel thing (which I can understand)

TVU rocks soo much, its nice to have it back and not just on a lil 110kbps video screen on my laptop! :)

(yes I know many here dont favor relgious programming but I REALLY love music videos) ...

If E* would add MTV Hits i might find a way to get 110/119 to watch it!

You are still alive, right? So your lifetime sub to Sky Angel should never be affected by any account changes at E*. Definitely check with Sky Angel and see what they can do.

I wonder if "lifetime" refers to physical or eternal life, if the latter they should NEVER shut it off for a true believer who bought a lifetime subscription. :D

Pepper said:
You are still alive, right? So your lifetime sub to Sky Angel should never be affected by any account changes at E*. Definitely check with Sky Angel and see what they can do.

I wonder if "lifetime" refers to physical or eternal life, if the latter they should NEVER shut it off for a true believer who bought a lifetime subscription. :D

Thats what I thought, the whole reason I went in to vac mode orginally was to dodge the 25$ reactvate fee for E* if I ever wanted to come back (I ended up having family problems and other issues and just ended up paying it for over a year until I moved again and wrote the change of address (on the bill you mail back to e* at that point I could no longer access my account info and I never got another bill (guess they closed my account after it being in vacation from Dec of 2002 until July 2004 (yet their CS reps say they only allow 6 months of vcation before disconnecting someones account completely) -- fnny thing they say my account has 7.39 $ of "credit" in it and if i want to come back to E*'s services (my AT150 (now 180 and Superstatoins) they will let me pay 17 + resub fee and turn me back on.. :) I also got an offer to wave the 25 $ fee if I subbed back and did CCA.

about 20 mins after I got off the phone with E* my smart cart apperently is reciving the info for skyangel + 3 PI Channels ( Classic Arts, Good Samar, PEAC) plus a bunch of Internationals and BTV Chanenls show up in RED.... before the card apperently pulled the info, I was only reciveing one PPV Channel and the 580 ITC (international info channel)

so I dont know if they fixed it or not, but I will be calling to verify with skyangel because when i try to sign up for their online account thing with my E* account # it says '"call customer service..."

In the mean time I am enjoying TVU for the first time in a few years (in clear picture) over the lil 110kbps Video feed online :) This rocks!

Shame I cant easly put up a dish for 110/119 lol Then I could watch Charlie Chats :)

ok :( My skyangel disapered at 3:09 am Eastern :-(

Their completely gone from the guide now.

now the only thing that shows up are a few PPV channels and the RED International channels in the guide and 580 which is the international info channel in the clear :(

this sucks, I cant beleive E* would shut off my lifetime sub to skyangel... shows how much they want to piss on skyangel.

im now getting " your smart card does not currently have authorization to view or purchase this program please wait or channel up and down "

:-(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts